Seth Rogen announces dog Zelda has died in heartbreaking post
| Last updated
Featured Image Credit: Instagram/@sethrogen
Seth Rogen has shared a heartbreaking tribute to his dog Zelda who passed away last week.
Rogen reflected on Zelda’s life and the impact she had on his family in a beautiful tribute he shared with fans on Instagram on Monday (8 May).
The post contains a carousel of adorable throwback pictures of the late pooch alongside his wife.
The lengthy statement, which is sure to make you shed a few tears, explains the wonderful relationship the couple established with their fur baby over the years.
“We said goodbye to our perfect girl Zelda on Thursday, May 4th,” the statement begins.
“She was almost 14 years old. She was truly the most special, magical creature. She taught us about love, resilience, strength and kindness. We loved her more than words can describe.
“Everyone who met her saw what a unique little puppy she was. She’d stare into your soul with her gigantic buggy eyes. She was so judgmental, that when she loved you, you really knew you earned it, and it made you feel like you had won.”
Rogen added: “She had an incredible life and was lucky to have so many friends and shared her special love with so many people. She was a girl who was so shy no one adopted her as a baby who became a girl who travelled to multiple countries, appeared in three movies, on two magazine covers, and inspired countless works of Zelda-art - including a lighter that is now in the homes of hundreds of people.”
The actor also included a huge list of things he and his wife loved about their four-legged pal, including her ‘big eyeballs’ and her love of Zankou chicken.
Read the full list below:
- Her big eyeballs and her intense eye contact.
- How it feels when she stretches while I’m holding her in my arms.
- How she comes inside before she’s done pooing, takes a treat and then runs to the door when she realizes she has to poo more.
- The sound she made for Zankou chicken.
- The way the fur on her legs looks like culottes from the back.
- Her leave me alone side eye.
- The way she would sit and wait to be called to walk through the metal detectors at the airport and then she’d run through them and everyone would comment about what a good girl she was.
- How she always wants to sleep in Seth’s spot.
- When she would go to the door pretending to have to go out, but just wanted to get us away from our food, although she would never actually go for it.
- Her big gigantic poops that always surprised people because of her small size.
- The way she loved sprinting up and down hotel hallways.
- How she’d ask Seth to take her outside over and over again just for treats.
- The way she pounced on seaweed and her paws left tracks in the sand. And then she’d “kill it” and ask to take it home.
- How incredible it felt to wake up in the morning and see her staring back at me.
- We belonged to each other and we will miss her forever.
One eulogy said: “You used to live near us in WeHo and we would see you walking her occasionally (always too shy to say hello). She was the cutest thing ever. I’m so sorry Seth. sending you all the love, from someone who lost her best friend a few years ago as well.”
Actor Mindy Kaling commented: “Zelda was the best. So sorry to hear this.”
A fan referenced Star Wars day in their comment, which read: “May the 4th be with you Zelda.”
While another penned: “I am so so sorry. I could tell how much you loved her with how many times you posted her. I hope your heart finds a way to heal.”