
In light of Donald Trump canceling former Vice President Kamala Harris' Secret Service protection, an update has been issued on her safety.
Trump and Harris famously had a standoff during the 2024 election while the pair fought for the title of President of the United States of America.
But unfortunately for Harris, there could only be one victor, and Trump took home the title, officially starting his second term in January of this year.
Since then, you might have thought that Harris would have been protected for the obligatory six-month period after the elections; however, Joe Biden had extended the Secret Service protection to Harris to one year.
Advert
Now, it’s been revoked.
Along with Hunter and Ashley Biden, former president Biden’s children, Harris will no longer be protected under the Secret Service.

A letter announcing her protection situation reads: "You are hereby authorized to discontinue any security-related procedures previously authorized by Executive Memorandum, beyond those required by law, for the following individual, effective September 1, 2025: Former Vice President Kamala D. Harris."
Advert
A senior advisor to Harris also confirmed the news to NBC, saying: "The vice president is grateful to the United States Secret Service for their professionalism, dedication, and unwavering commitment to safety."
Harris is currently due to go on a tour across the US for her 107 Days memoir, which will be released in September, exploring her presidential campaign last year.
Because of the threat to her safety, an update has been announced which will allow her to continue that protection.
As of now, the former VP will receive protection from the California Highway Patrol.
Advert
The LA Times reported that authorities came forward to confirm the deal, claiming it came about after a conversation between California Governor Gavin Newsom and Los Angeles Mayor Karen Bass.
Not only does Harris lose physical security but also threat intelligence to detect plans for attacks.

Mayor Karen Bass has since slammed Trump's decision, as per the Daily Mail: “This is another act of revenge following a long list of political retaliation in the form of firings, the revoking of security clearances and more.
Advert
“This puts the former Vice President in danger and I look forward to working with the governor to make sure Vice President Harris is safe in Los Angeles.”
As for her future plans, Harris previously spoke with Stephen Colbert on The Late Show and shared that she plans to take a break from politics.
"At this time, I will continue serving and leading outside of elected office," Harris had announced earlier this year.
"I’m eager to reconnect with the American people, support Democratic candidates nationwide who are committed to bold leadership, and share more about my next steps in the months to come," she added.
Advert
Colbert then pointed out that Harris beat every other candidate in early polling and also asked why she decided not to run for governor of California.
He said: "Why are you sitting this out? Are you saving yourself for a different office?”
While she said no, the crowd was enthusiastically chanting ‘yes’.
Topics: Donald Trump, Kamala Harris, US News, Politics