To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

Lil Tay’s former manager doesn’t believe she was hacked following death hoax

Lil Tay’s former manager doesn’t believe she was hacked following death hoax

Harry Tsang has opened up about the whole ordeal

Lil Tay’s former manager doesn’t believe she was hacked following the bizarre death hoax that rocked the internet this week.

The social media sensation's former manager, Harry Tsang, has offered his verdict on the claim that Lil Tay and her brother did not actually die - despite a statement allegedly from her family being posted to her Instagram account that claimed they were instead the victims of a hack.

The now-deleted post was first uploaded on Wednesday (9 August), which read: "It is with a heavy heart that we share the devastating news of our beloved Claire's sudden and tragic passing."

It continued: "We have no words to express the unbearable loss and indescribable pain. This outcome was entirely unexpected, and has left us all in shock.

The rapper's former manager has weighed in on Lil Tay's death hoax.

"Her brother's passing adds an even more unimaginable depth to our grief. During this time of immense sorrow, we kindly ask for privacy as we grieve this overwhelming loss, as the circumstances surrounding Claire and her brother's passing are still under investigation.

"Claire will forever remain in our hearts, her absence leaving an irreplaceable void that will be felt by all who knew and loved her."

However, just a day later on Thursday (10 August), a statement was provided to TMZ by Tay's family that the child was in fact 'alive and well'.

It began: "I want to make it clear that my brother and I are safe and alive, but I’m completely heartbroken, and struggling to even find the right words to say.

"It’s been a very traumatizing 24 hours. All day yesterday, I was bombarded with endless heartbreaking and tearful phone calls from loved ones all while trying to sort out this mess."

The announcement was posted on the rapper's social media on Wednesday.

The statement added: "My Instagram account was compromised by a 3rd party and used to spread jarring misinformation and rumors regarding me, to the point that even my name was wrong. My legal name is Tay Tian, not 'Claire Hope'."

but speaking with the New York Post yesterday, the teenager's former manager Harry Tsang weighed in on the speculation.

"I think she’s still alive, and I think it was fake," he said.

"I don’t believe anything that they say about the hacking," the 32-year-old continued before adding: "I’m glad that she’s ok."

The allegations comes after Tsang initially stated he unable to 'definitively confirm or dismiss' whether the rapper had actually passed away or not.

He later told The Mirror: "Upon learning about Lil Tay's assertion of her well-being, I find relief in the fact that she is safe. However, I believe the reported hacking incident may not have occurred.

Tsang says the reported hacking incident 'may not have occurred'.

"My rationale for this perspective is twofold: firstly, the restoration of a compromised account on platforms like Meta/Instagram typically does not necessitate a 24-hour timeframe."

Tsang went on: "Secondly, the actions of Lil Tay’s brother, renowned for his propensity for extreme measures, lead me to hypothesize an alternative motive behind this occurrence.

"Simultaneously, if the underlying motive is indeed to rekindle Lil Tay's prominence within the public sphere, I contend that such actions demonstrate a certain degree of irresponsibility."

"It's essential to consider the potential repercussions of employing such tactics, particularly given their potential impact on the perceptions and sentiments of the broader audience," the former manager concluded.

Featured Image Credit: Instagram/@liltay

Topics: Celebrity, US News