• News
  • Film and TV
  • Music
  • Tech
  • Features
  • Celebrity
  • Politics
  • Weird
  • Community
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content
60 Minutes airs shocking Trump report despite warnings and public claim by host that political stories were being 'supervised'

Home> News> US News

Published 13:51 5 May 2025 GMT+1

60 Minutes airs shocking Trump report despite warnings and public claim by host that political stories were being 'supervised'

Apparently it was 'near impossible' to get anyone to take part in the controversial episode

Niamh Shackleton

Niamh Shackleton

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

60 Minutes has aired a controversial episode on Donald Trump, despite CBS facing a huge lawsuit from the president.

In recent days, long-time host Scott Pelley called out Paramount, CBS' parent company, for 'supervising' the TV show's stories in light of the massive lawsuit Trump filed against the network last year.

The filing in November 2024 came after 60 Minutes conducted an interview with Kamala Harris, who was running against Trump in the election.

Trump's legal team alleged that the interview with Harris interfered with the election and 'mislead the public and attempt to tip the scales of the presidential election in her favor', CNN previously reported.

Advert

As a result of the suit between CBS and Trump, it's thought that Paramount have become more cautious in its reporting of the president — something which Pelley and others at 60 Minutes have taken issue with, particularly in the wake of Bill Owens' resignation.

"In tonight’s Last Minute a note on Bill Owens who, until this past week, was the executive producer of 60 Minutes," Pelley said in a recent episode of the show.

"He was our boss, Bill was with CBS News almost 40 years, 26 years at 60 Minutes.

"He covered the world, covered combat, the White House, his was a quest to open minds, not close them."

Pelley went on: "Our parent company Paramount is trying to complete a merger, the Trump administration must approve it.

“Paramount began to supervise our content in new ways, none of our stories have been blocked but Bill felt he lost the independence that honest journalism requires.

"No one here is happy about it but in resigning Bill proved one thing, he was the right person to lead 60 Minutes all along."

The Trump administration reportedly have to approve Paramount's merger plans (Win McNamee/Getty Images)
The Trump administration reportedly have to approve Paramount's merger plans (Win McNamee/Getty Images)

Despite Pelley's claims about Paramount 'supervising' 60 Minutes' content, the show proceeded to air a report on the Trump administration's lawsuits that it has filed against a numerous law firms in America. The episode aired last night (May 4).

Titled 'How law firms targeted by Trump are responding to White House pressure', Pelley said in it that it was 'near impossible' to get anyone to take part in an interview as part of the controversial report.

The only person who did sit down with 60 Minutes to speak on the matter was Mark Alias, an American attorney and 'long time opponent of Trump's'.

"He was the only lawyer the president has named willing to appear on 60 Minutes," Pelley said of Alias.

You can view the episode here.

Featured Image Credit: CBS

Topics: Donald Trump, Film and TV, News, Politics, US News

Niamh Shackleton
Niamh Shackleton

Niamh Shackleton is an experienced journalist for UNILAD, specialising in topics including mental health and showbiz, as well as anything Henry Cavill and cat related. She has previously worked for OK! Magazine, Caters and Kennedy.

X

@niamhshackleton

Advert

Advert

Advert

Choose your content:

2 hours ago
3 hours ago
6 hours ago
  • The View / ABC
    2 hours ago

    Whoopi Goldberg breaks silence over claims she dated Jeffrey Epstein

    The 70 year old was forced to defend herself after appearing 21 times in the latest batch of Epstein files

    Celebrity
  • Axelle/Bauer-Griffin/FilmMagic
    3 hours ago

    Tommy Lee Jones' daughter Victoria's death ruled an ‘accident’ as cause revealed to be cocaine related

    The Academy Award winning actor's daughter tragically passed away on New Year's Day.

    Celebrity
  • Phil Faraone/VMN18/Getty Images For Comedy Central
    6 hours ago

    Bruce Willis' daughter Rumer snaps back at critics saying she doesn't take money from parents and 'works 4 jobs'

    Rumer Willis has responded to criticism that she takes money from her parents

    Celebrity
  • Getty Stock Images
    6 hours ago

    Magic '8-hour' sleep rule debunked by doctors as they explain why you shouldn't stress about it

    Do we really need eight hours of sleep every night?

    News
  • 60 Minutes gets ready to air shocking Trump report amid public claim by host that political stories were being 'supervised'
  • 60 Minutes host savagely calls out bosses on-air after they began supervising stories to do with Trump administration
  • Donald Trump boasted about hiring 'so pretty' 18-year-old despite her having no experience
  • 60 Minutes anchor slams Trump in scathing graduation speech as he issues bold warning to students