unilad homepage
unilad homepage
  • News
    • UK News
    • US News
    • World News
    • Crime
    • Health
    • Money
    • Sport
    • Travel
  • Music
  • Technology
  • Film and TV
    • News
    • DC Comics
    • Disney
    • Marvel
    • Netflix
  • Celebrity
  • Politics
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content
Hillary Clinton has brutal response after Trump administration leaked war plans to journalist
Home>News>Politics
Published 16:22 25 Mar 2025 GMT

Hillary Clinton has brutal response after Trump administration leaked war plans to journalist

Clinton didn't hold back when it came to reaction to the news

Niamh Shackleton

Niamh Shackleton

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover
Featured Image Credit: Getty Images/Kimberly White

Topics: Politics, Donald Trump, US News, Military

Niamh Shackleton
Niamh Shackleton

Niamh Shackleton is an experienced journalist for UNILAD, specialising in topics including mental health and showbiz, as well as anything Henry Cavill and cat related. She has previously worked for OK! Magazine, Caters and Kennedy.

X

@niamhshackleton

Advert

Advert

Advert

Hillary Clinton has made her thoughts clear on a recent mistake made by the Trump administration regarding it's top secret military plans.

It was recently revealed that The Atlantic editor-in-chief Jeffrey Goldberg was added to a group chat on the messaging app, Signal.

In the chat, the likes of National Security Adviser Mike Waltz, Vice-President JD Vance, and Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth were included.

The senior officials discussed the government's military plans to issue strikes on Yemen, which took place on March 15 and killed over 30 people, The Guardian reported at the time.

Advert

The world went on to learn of the attacks after they happened, but Goldberg was privy to such plans two hours before.

In fact, he'd been added to the group chat discussing the matter in the days leading up to it.

READ MORE:

TRUMP AND ELON MUSK SPEAK OUT AFTER WAR PLANS ACCIDENTALLY SENT TO JOURNALIST

Goldberg's bombshell article was published yesterday (March 24), which detailed the whole debacle and what information he saw.

It's since been revealed that Waltz, or a member of his team, accidentally added him to the private chat — something which President Trump has now responded to.

Donald Trump has responded to the accidental leak (Win McNamee/Getty Images)
Donald Trump has responded to the accidental leak (Win McNamee/Getty Images)

Speaking in a phone interview with NBC News, the POTUS said: "Michael Waltz has learned a lesson, and he’s a good man.

"It was one of Michael’s people on the phone," Trump added. "A staffer had [Goldberg's] number on there."

And Hillary Clinton has wasted no time in reacting to the Trump administration's mistake as well.

Sharing a screenshot of Goldberg's article to Twitter, Clinton wrote next to an emoji of a pair of eyes: "You have got to be kidding me."


While Trump has seemingly shrugged the whole thing off, Goldberg has since made the valid point that it was fortunate that someone who supports the Houthis (a Zaydi Shia Islamist political and military organization that the US has been targeting in Yemen) wasn't added to the chat.

"I mean, at least it wasn't somebody who supported the Houthis, because they were actually handing out information that I believe could have endangered the lives of American service people who were involved in that operation," he told PBS.

As well as this, if it was someone who was a Houthis supporter, they could have forewarned the group about America's planned attacks and they wouldn't have been as 'highly successful and effective' (as described by White House press secretary, Karoline Leavitt).

Choose your content:

28 mins ago
an hour ago
2 hours ago
  • University of Genova
    28 mins ago

    Marine biologist on Maldives scuba diving trip sent harrowing message before fatal dive

    Scuba diving lecturer Monica Montefalcone shared some fateful final words before her expedition in the Maldives

    News
  • Getty Stock
    an hour ago

    How circumcision could affect your sex life, according to experts

    Medical conditions may lead to some men having a circumcision later in life

    News
  • Getty Stock Images
    an hour ago

    MAFS UK removed from streaming after brides allege rape by onscreen husbands

    Channel 4 bosses have addressed the allegations

    News
  • Hajarah Nalwadda/Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Ebola symptoms and how it spreads as officials confirm 131 dead in outbreak

    The current Ebola outbreak has sparked concern among officials after 131 people have died in recent weeks

    News
  • Pastor sparks backlash after 'stupid' response to Trump erecting 22-foot golden statue of himself
  • Trump accused of going 'too far' after making comments on Iran war in front of school kids in Oval Office
  • Trump deal fears grow after US intel reportedly finds Iran’s military still intact
  • Trump set to rake in millions by renaming Florida airport after himself