unilad homepage
unilad homepage
  • News
    • UK News
    • US News
    • World News
    • Crime
    • Health
    • Money
    • Sport
    • Travel
  • Music
  • Technology
  • Film and TV
    • News
    • DC Comics
    • Disney
    • Marvel
    • Netflix
  • Celebrity
  • Politics
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content
MGM addresses claims Bruno Mars has $50 million debt with casino
Home>Celebrity>News
Updated 10:49 20 Mar 2024 GMTPublished 09:29 19 Mar 2024 GMT

MGM addresses claims Bruno Mars has $50 million debt with casino

The hospitality and entertainment company has come forward after an 'insider' claimed the '24K Gold' singer had incurred millions in debt.

Poppy Bilderbeck

Poppy Bilderbeck

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover
Featured Image Credit: Paras Griffin/Getty Images for BET/ Getty Images/ Ethan Miller

Topics: Celebrity, Money, US News, Las Vegas, Social Media

Poppy Bilderbeck
Poppy Bilderbeck

Poppy Bilderbeck is a freelance journalist with words in Daily Express, Cosmopolitan UK, LADbible, UNILAD and Tyla. She is a former Senior Journalist at LADbible Group. She graduated from The University of Manchester in 2021 with a First in English Literature and Drama, where alongside her studies she was Editor-in-Chief of The Tab Manchester. Poppy is most comfortable when chatting about all things mental health, is proving a drama degree is far from useless by watching and reviewing as many TV shows and films as possible.

Advert

Advert

Advert

MGM has responded to accusations that Bruno Mars is in $50 million debt to it.

The hospitality and entertainment company and the 'Locked Out of Heaven' singer announced 'a multi-year partnership' back in 2016, Mars set to be one of the first to take to the stage at two of its new venues in Las Vegas and Maryland.

Earlier this month, an 'insider' came forward claiming Mars - real name Peter Gene Hernandez - had racked up a monumental amount of debt with the company.

And in a move that shocks no one, it turns out some media outlets and many social media users who jumped on the rumor didn't quite get the right side of the story.

Advert

It all started when NewsNation reported a 'Las Vegas insider' told the outlet Mars 'owes millions to the MGM,' the outlet adding the debt was a result of 'gambling'.

The source claimed: "[Mars'] debts have gotten as high as $50 million. (MGM) basically own him."

They added the singer 'makes $90 million a year off of the deal he did with the casino', but as a result of supposedly having to 'pay back his debt... after taxes Mars makes $1.5 million per night'.

And it didn't take long for social media users to leap online to respond to the news.

An 'insider' claimed Bruno Mars had racked up 'millions' in debt to MGM.
Getty Images/ Ethan Miller

Many shared videos of older people, one X video showing a man walking through a casino slowly.

The caption read: "Bruno Mars walking through MGM casino undercover trying to avoid that $50m gambling debt."

Another shared a TikTok video of an older man performing on stage at a slow speed, the caption adding: "Bruno mars in 2069 still trying to pay off $50 million to mgm."

A third user wrote: "Bruno Mars in debt with the MGM Casino for $50 million??? My god, gambling addiction does not play. But also, sounds like it's time for his Vegas residency."

However, MGM has since responded to the accusations against Mars.


bruno mars in 2069 still trying to pay off $50 million to mgm 😭😭: pic.twitter.com/fRlPRwWptz

— RanaJi🏹 (@RanaTells) March 17, 2024

A spokesperson for MGM told UNILAD: "We’re proud of our relationship with Bruno Mars, one of the world’s most thrilling and dynamic performers.

"From his shows at Dolby Live at Park MGM to the new Pinky Ring lounge at Bellagio, Bruno’s brand of entertainment attracts visitors from around the globe.

"MGM and Bruno’s partnership is longstanding and rooted in mutual respect.

"Any speculation otherwise is completely false; he has no debt with MGM. Together, we are excited to continue creating unforgettable experiences for our guests."

UNILAD has contacted NewsNation and Bruno Mars' representatives for comment.

Choose your content:

7 hours ago
10 hours ago
11 hours ago
15 hours ago
  •  Lexie Moreland/WWD via Getty Images
    7 hours ago

    Anne Hathaway was 'legally blind' in left eye for a decade after contracting early cataract

    The condition prompted the Devil Wears Prada actress to undergo surgery at 40 to fix the problem

    Celebrity
  • Streeter Lecka/NASCAR via Getty
    10 hours ago

    Dale Earnhardt Jr pays tribute to NASCAR rival Kyle Busch and reflects on their ‘challenging’ relationship

    The two NASCAR drivers were once bitter foes on the track but later reconciled to become good friends

    Celebrity
  • Squamish RCMP
    11 hours ago

    Virgin River actor Stewart McLean believed to be victim of homicide after disappearing from home

    McLean was last seen on May 15 before vanishing entirely

    Celebrity
  • danielspaniels/Instagram
    15 hours ago

    YouTuber Danny Go reveals tragic death of son, 14, after rare disorder led to mouth cancer

    The well-known children's entertainer has announced that his son Isaac passed away yesterday (May 21)

    Celebrity
  • Nick Cannon, who has 12 kids with six different women, reveals who he is spending Mother's Day with
  • Hailey Bieber addresses claims she reposted video about 'abusive' relationships
  • Shocking update with America's 'most inbred family' after man who discovered them claims they lied 'the whole time'
  • Professional gambler reveals the mind-blowing moment he won $4.5 million at a casino