unilad homepage
unilad homepage
    • News
      • UK News
      • US News
      • World News
      • Crime
      • Health
      • Money
      • Sport
      • Travel
    • Music
    • Technology
    • Film and TV
      • News
      • DC Comics
      • Disney
      • Marvel
      • Netflix
    • Celebrity
    • Politics
    • Advertise
    • Terms
    • Privacy & Cookies
    • LADbible Group
    • LADbible
    • SPORTbible
    • GAMINGbible
    • Tyla
    • UNILAD Tech
    • FOODbible
    • License Our Content
    • About Us & Contact
    • Jobs
    • Latest
    • Archive
    • Topics A-Z
    • Authors
    Facebook
    Instagram
    X
    Threads
    TikTok
    YouTube
    Submit Your Content
    Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds request Justin Baldoni's $400,000,000 lawsuit be dropped amid ongoing legal battles
    Home>Celebrity>News
    Published 10:28 31 Jan 2025 GMT

    Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds request Justin Baldoni's $400,000,000 lawsuit be dropped amid ongoing legal battles

    Hollywood's legal megafeud continues

    Liv Bridge

    Liv Bridge

    google discoverFollow us on Google Discover
    Featured Image Credit: Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images/Nathan Congleton/NBC via Getty Images

    Topics: Blake Lively, Ryan Reynolds, Justin Baldoni, Hollywood, Celebrity, US News, New York

    Liv Bridge
    Liv Bridge

    Liv Bridge is a digital journalist who joined the UNILAD team in 2024 after almost three years reporting local news for a Newsquest UK paper, The Oldham Times. She's passionate about health, housing, food and music, especially Oasis...

    X

    @livbridge

    Advert

    Advert

    Advert

    Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds have requested Justin Baldoni's $400,000,000 lawsuit be dropped amid the ongoing legal feud.

    Baldoni and Lively have been embroiled in a legal battle since Christmas last year after the Gossip Girl alum sued her It Ends With Us co-star for alleged sexual harassment.

    Baldoni, who also directed the movie, then filed a countersuit against Lively and her husband, Reynolds, for $400 million for claims of civil extortion, defamation, false light invasion of privacy and more.

    Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds (XNY/Star Max/GC Images)
    Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds (XNY/Star Max/GC Images)

    Advert

    Baldoni's team claimed Lively defamed the actor by exposing text messages.

    There have been a lot of allegations made between the celebs' respective legal teams, as Lively also accused Baldoni and his team, including his company Wayfarer Studios, of concocting a plan to 'destroy her reputation' and of orchestrating a smear campaign against her.

    A New York judge, Lewis Linman, has since set a date for their trial, with the feud expected to have its first pre-trial hearing on Monday (February 3) ahead of its first trial proceedings on March 9 next year.

    Now, Lively and Reynolds reportedly told Linman on Thursday that they will seek to drop Baldoni's defamation lawsuit.

    Justin Baldoni filed a countersue for $400 million (Bryan Bedder/Getty Images for Vital Voices Global Partnership)
    Justin Baldoni filed a countersue for $400 million (Bryan Bedder/Getty Images for Vital Voices Global Partnership)

    Michael Gottlieb, an attorney for the Hollywood couple, told the judge that 'the Lively-Reynolds Parties intend to move to dismiss Plaintiffs' complaint,' according to documents seen by Variety.

    The outlet reported Linman is expected to schedule a deadline for them to submit paperwork supporting their request.

    The couple's publicist, Leslie Sloane, who has also been named in Baldoni's legal action as a defendant, also submitted a similar request to the court on Wednesday.

    Attorney's for Lively and Reynolds have further asked the court to consider issuing Baldoni's lawyer, Bryan Freedman, with a 'gag order' over so-called 'extrajudicial statements' he has made.

    Freedman compiled evidence, such as documents, video footage and text messages between Baldoni and Lively, and has put them on a website.

    Lively and Baldoni starred together in It Ends With Us (Columbia Pictures)
    Lively and Baldoni starred together in It Ends With Us (Columbia Pictures)

    The legal team claim the lawyer's actions pose a 'serious risk' of 'tainting the jury pool' and possibly prejudicing the future trial.

    He also spoke about the case on TV shows and documentaries, including The Megyn Kelly Show and Hulu's documentary, IMPACT x Nightline: Blake vs. Justin.

    Speaking to Deadline, Freedman commented: "All these motions to dismiss are just yet another attempt by Ms. Lively, Ryan Reynolds and Leslie Sloan to hide and delay the discovery of the hundreds of pages of true facts and well-documented information that we remain dedicated to providing publicly, with full transparency."

    After Lively filed her complaint on December 31, she told The New York Times: "I hope that my legal action helps pull back the curtain on these sinister retaliatory tactics to harm people who speak up about misconduct and helps protect others who may be targeted."

    Baldoni subsequently launched another suit to sue the newspaper for $250 million in a defamation claim.

    • Blake Lively and Justin Baldoni settle lawsuit over It Ends With Us film weeks before trial
    • Justin Baldoni's lawyer responds after losing $400,000,000 lawsuit against Blake Lively
    • Blake Lively speaks out as judge dismisses Justin Baldoni's $400,000,000 lawsuit against her
    • Major update in Justin Baldoni's $400,000,000 lawsuit against Blake Lively following judge's initial dismissal

    Choose your content:

    5 hours ago
    10 hours ago
    12 hours ago
    19 hours ago
    • Paras Griffin/Getty Images for BET
      5 hours ago

      Nick Cannon, who has 12 kids with six different women, reveals who he is spending Mother's Day with

      The star opened up about the potentially complex question of where he will spend Mothers' Day

      Celebrity
    • Chad Buchanan/Getty Images
      10 hours ago

      Hugh Hefner's ex describes 'really weird' group nights with mogul at mansion

      Anyone getting down at the Playboy Mansion could expect the proceedings to get 'really weird'

      Celebrity
    • Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic
      12 hours ago

      Britney Spears breaks silence after pleading guilty to 'wet reckless' charge after DUI arrest

      Spears was arrested after driving her car 'erratically and at a high rate of speed', according to authorities

      Celebrity
    • Discovery / Youtube
      19 hours ago

      Deadliest Catch shares poignant final footage of Todd Meadows, 25, after tragic death at sea

      The Discovery Channel paid tribute to the late cast member with an emotional video of him living his lifelong dream

      Celebrity