
Topics: Prince Andrew, Donald Trump, Royal Family, Politics, News

Topics: Prince Andrew, Donald Trump, Royal Family, Politics, News
Donald Trump has branded the arrest of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, who is under suspicion of misconduct in public office, as 'a shame'.
Andrew was arrested on the morning of his 66th birthday (February 19) and has since been been released from custody.
Law enforcement have concluded an investigation at his Norfolk home, but their enquiries at his Berkshire property are ongoing.
Following the news of his arrest, Trump has spoken out and seemingly sympathized with the disgraced royal.
Advert
When asked by Fox News’ Peter Doocy if any American associates of Epstein would be arrested in light of Andrew being detained, Trump said: "I'm the expert in a way because I’ve been totally exonerated.
"So, I can talk about it. I think it's a shame. It’s a very sad thing and I think it's so bad for the Royal Family."

Trump's comments come shortly after British police confirmed that Andrew, who is no longer a prince, had been released.
"Thames Valley Police is able to provide an update in relation to an investigation into the offence of misconduct in public office," they said.
"On Thursday (19/2) we arrested a man in his sixties from Norfolk on suspicion of misconduct in public office.
"The arrested man has now been released under investigation.
"We can also confirm that our searches in Norfolk have now concluded."
No further comments are going to be made by the police and a press conference will not be taking place.
Elsewhere in his message about Andrew's arrest, Trump went on to note that King Charles is due to visit the US soon and said: "His brother, who is coming to our country very soon, the King — it’s a very sad thing."
The POTUS also hailed the King as a 'fantastic man'.
King Charles himself has addressed his younger sibling's arrest.
"I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office," his statement began.
"What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities."
The King continued: "In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation. Let me state clearly: the law must take its course. As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter.
"Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all. Charles R."
King Charles is set to visit the US in April, according to Newsweek.