
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has been released after being arrested at his home, which is on the King's Sandringham Estate in Norfolk, UK, earlier today.
Andrew, who is no longer known as Prince Andrew after having all his royal titles removed last year, was arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office.
Today marks the disgraced royal's 66th birthday.
His homes in Norfolk and Berkshire were being searched by police as part of the investigation.
Advert
Following his arrest, law enforcement were able to hold him for up to 96 hours before either releasing him or charging him.
Now the former Duke of York — who is the first senior royal in modern history to be arrested — has been released under investigation, the Thames Valley Police has confirmed in a statement.

A new press release reads: "Thames Valley Police is able to provide an update in relation to an investigation into the offence of misconduct in public office.
"On Thursday (19/2) we arrested a man in his sixties from Norfolk on suspicion of misconduct in public office.
"The arrested man has now been released under investigation.
"We can also confirm that our searches in Norfolk have now concluded."
While the investigations in Norfolk have been wrapped up, the search of a property in Berkshire are still underway.
The police added that it will not be making any further statements at this time and will not be holding a press conference on the matter.
Following Andrew's arrest, the family of Virginia Giuffre said their 'broken hearts have been lifted'. Giuffre accused Andrew of sexually assaulting her when she was 17, which he has always denied. She died by suicide last year.
Meanwhile, a legal expert has explained what exactly misconduct in public office means, and what prosecutors need to prove to secure a conviction.

What the police initially said
"As part of the investigation, we have today (19/2) arrested a man in his sixties from Norfolk on suspicion of misconduct in public office and are carrying out searches at addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk," Thames Valley Police said, per the BBC.
"The man remains in police custody at this time. We will not be naming the arrested man, as per national guidance. Please also remember that this case is now active so care should be taken with any publication to avoid being in contempt of court."
Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright added: "Following a thorough assessment, we have now opened an investigation into this allegation of misconduct in public office.
"It is important that we protect the integrity and objectivity of our investigation as we work with our partners to investigate this alleged offence.
"We understand the significant public interest in this case, and we will provide updates at the appropriate time."
What does misconduct in public office mean and what is the maximum sentence?
The Crown Prosecution Service describes misconduct in public office as the 'serious wilful abuse or neglect of powers' in a public role.
Andrew served as UK trade envoy between 2001 and 2011.
Gareth Martin, specialist criminal defence and regulatory lawyer at Olliers Solicitors, told UNILAD: "Unlike many modern offences, this is a common law crime with no statutory limit on sentencing - meaning it carries a maximum of life imprisonment."
“The threshold for this offence is exceptionally high. The courts have been clear that it should only be used where the conduct is so blameworthy that it warrants criminal punishment rather than civil or disciplinary action.”
Prosecutors must prove there was 'a wilful breach of his official duties'.
Thames Valley Police initially said they were assessing a report which accused Andrew of sharing sensitive information with billionaire pedophile Jeffrey Epstein while he was trade envoy.
What King Charles has said

"I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office," the head of the Royal Family said of his younger brother's arrest.
"What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities.
"In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation. Let me state clearly: the law must take its course. As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter."
King Charles III added that he and the rest of the royals will be continuing their 'duty and service' to the country.
Topics: Prince Andrew, Royal Family, UK News, Police