
Topics: Donald Trump, Crime, US News
Donald Trump has said Nancy Guthrie's alleged kidnappers will face 'severe' consequences following the 84-year-old's disappearance two weeks ago.
Nancy is believed to have been abducted in the middle of the night on January 31 from her home in Tucson, Arizona, and her daughter, TODAY host Savannah Guthrie, has led a campaign for her safe return.
The TV host told her mom's kidnappers that it is 'never too late to do the right thing' and called for 'whoever has her, or knows where she is' to make themselves known.
President Trump has even issued a direct threat to the kidnappers, stating they will face the death penalty if Nancy is not returned safe and sound to her family.
Advert
The 79-year-old had previously expressed his thoughts on the situation, calling it 'terrible', and in a Truth Social post, he said he would be 'deploying all resources' to find her.
Speaking to the New York Post, Trump said that 'very, very severe — the most severe' federal punishment will be placed on the kidnappers if Nancy is found dead and ultimately concluded he would instruct the Department of Justice (DOJ) to seek the death penalty.

When asked whether he would seek capital punishment, which is legal in Arizona, the Republican president said: "The most, yeah - that's true."
It comes after investigators discovered DNA on a glove, which might provide some answers.
The glove, which was discovered in the area surrounding Nancy's home, is believed to contain DNA evidence that may point the FBI in the direction of Nancy and her alleged kidnapper.
Speaking to Fox News, an FBI spokesperson said: "The one with the DNA profile recovered is different and appears to match the gloves of the suspect in the surveillance video."
The agency also said that it is still waiting for 'quality control and official confirmation' before entering an 'unknown male profile' into its database.
Officials have released the CCTV footage from Nancy's doorbell camera, which details a masked and armed individual approaching the home and attempting to tamper with the camera.

Police have since said the individual in the footage has been identified as a 'key focus' in the investigation, while the public is being offered $100,000 to come forward with any relevant information about the case.
Savannah is continuing with her campaign to bring her mother home and added in her recent address to the kidnappers: "I wanted to say to whoever has her or knows where she is that it's never too late. And you're not lost or alone. And it is never too late to do the right thing.
"And we are here. And we believe. And we believe in the essential goodness of every human being."
She concluded: "Bring her home. It’s never too late to do the next right thing."