• News
  • Film and TV
  • Music
  • Tech
  • Features
  • Celebrity
  • Politics
  • Weird
  • Community
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content
Police give major update in D4vd case after decomposing body found inside his Tesla trunk

Home> News> US News

Updated 09:49 19 Nov 2025 GMTPublished 09:34 19 Nov 2025 GMT

Police give major update in D4vd case after decomposing body found inside his Tesla trunk

Celeste Rivas' death is now being treated as a homicide

Liv Bridge

Liv Bridge

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

A major update has been given in the unusual case of a teenage girl whose severely decomposed and dismembered body was found in the truck of the musician's car.

On September 8 this year, Celeste Rivas Hernandez's body was found in the trunk of an abandoned Tesla inside a tow yard in Hollywood, California, months after her family reported her as missing.

The teenager's body was found around the time of what would've been her 15th birthday, though authorities believe she died many weeks if not months before.

Los Angeles cops were called to reports of a bad odor coming from the electric vehicle, that had been impounded to the lot after it was found abandoned in Hollywood Hills days earlier.

Advert

Investigators soon determined the vehicle was registered to musician, D4vd, 20, whose real name is David Anthony Burke, though he was not initially named as a person of interest in the case or charged with any crimes.

The singer at Coachella in April this year (Antoine Flament/Getty Images)
The singer at Coachella in April this year (Antoine Flament/Getty Images)

Now, LAPD have given a vital update in the case, having changed position in identifying Burke as a potential suspect in the death of the missing teenager.

Speaking to NBC4 Investigates, cops revealed Celeste likely died in the spring and was found dismembered in the vehicle, though an autopsy is yet to confirm her cause of death.

The medical examiner's office said in a statement that the youngster 'appears to have been deceased inside the vehicle for an extended period of time before being found.'

The teen was reported missing last year (ABC7/YouTube)
The teen was reported missing last year (ABC7/YouTube)

Police are now considering her death a homicide, alleging Burke possibly helped in dismembering and disposing of her body while adding that the singer has not been cooperative in the investigation.

The then 13-year-old girl was first reported missing by her mom in April 2024 after reportedly running away from her home in Lake Elsinore, California.

Earlier this month, it emerged the musician was renting and living in a $4.1 million mansion, possibly alongside others, which was raided by cops following the grim discovery of the teen's body.

The tow yard where the Tesla was found (ABC7/YouTube)
The tow yard where the Tesla was found (ABC7/YouTube)

A private investigator, Steve Fischer, told Daily Mail that it wasn't just Burke who used the Tesla, with a 'small inner circle' of people at the residence all allegedly having access.

Meanwhile, Celeste's family told NBC Los Angeles that the teen knew the singer personally and had been on her way to see a movie with him before her sudden disappearance.

Her mom also reportedly told investigators her daughter had a boyfriend called David at the time.

The New York-born singer, known for hits such as Romantic Homicide and Here With Me, was on tour at the time of Celeste's body being found, but has since cancelled those appearances.

UNILAD has previously contacted LAPD for comment.

Featured Image Credit: Antoine Flament/Getty Images

Topics: Crime, Los Angeles, Hollywood, Tesla, US News

Liv Bridge
Liv Bridge

Liv Bridge is a digital journalist who joined the UNILAD team in 2024 after almost three years reporting local news for a Newsquest UK paper, The Oldham Times. She's passionate about health, housing, food and music, especially Oasis...

X

@livbridge

Advert

Advert

Advert

Choose your content:

4 mins ago
an hour ago
2 hours ago
  • Chip Somodevilla/Getty
    4 mins ago

    Trump speaks out about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s arrest as former prince is released from custody

    Donald Trump has addressed Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor being arrested earlier today

    News

    breaking

  • JORDAN PETTITT/POOL/AFP via Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Police issue update as Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor released from custody following arrest

    Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was taken into custody on February 19 — the former Duke of York's 66th birthday

    News
  • WANG ZHAO/Getty
    2 hours ago

    Olympic officials respond after Jutta Lerdman ‘earned $1 million’ for showing her bra during gold medal celebration

    Jake Paul's fiancée, Jutta Leerdam, showed off a Nike bra after winning a gold medal

    News
  • Anadolu/Getty
    2 hours ago

    Trump makes bizarre unsolicited remark about his sexual preferences during Board of Peace speech

    The president's remarks were described as 'weird' by people on social media

    News
  • Everything we know about Celeste Rivas as police give update on decomposing body found in singer's Tesla
  • Private investigator makes shocking new claim about D4vd case after decomposing body found inside his Tesla trunk
  • New twist in D4vd Tesla case as police visited mansion two months before 15-year-old was found dead
  • Childhood friend of D4vd speaks out as rapper remains under investigation after girl, 15, was found dead in his Tesla