• News
  • Film and TV
  • Music
  • Tech
  • Features
  • Celebrity
  • Politics
  • Weird
  • Community
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content
Jimmy Kimmel has savage response after 'bully' Trump threatened to sue

Home> News> US News

Published 10:19 25 Sep 2025 GMT+1

Jimmy Kimmel has savage response after 'bully' Trump threatened to sue

Kimmel made fun of Trump's frustrations at his show returning

Gerrard Kaonga

Gerrard Kaonga

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

In last night's episode of his show, Jimmy Kimmel addressed Trump lashing out at his return as well as the possibility of the president taking legal action against ABC.

Jimmy Kimmel took plenty of shots at Donald Trump in his second Jimmy Kimmel Live! show after briefly being suspended.

Kimmel’s show was paused following comments he made about Charlie Kirk and the response to the conservative commentator’s assassination.

When it was announced that Kimmel’s show had been suspended, many praised Disney and ABC for the move, however others argued it was an attack on free speech.

Advert

Trump made it clear he was relishing in the suspension and commented as much on his Truth Social page.

However, when Kimmel’s show returned on September 23, less than a week after his suspension, Trump again made it clear how he was feeling.

Kimmel did not hold back (ABC)
Kimmel did not hold back (ABC)

Trump wrote: “I can’t believe ABC Fake News gave Jimmy Kimmel his job back.

“The White House was told by ABC that his Show was cancelled! Something happened between then and now because his audience is GONE, and his ‘talent’ was never there.

“I think we’re going to test ABC out on this. Let’s see how we do. Last time I went after them, they gave me $16 Million Dollars. This one sounds even more lucrative.”

Kimmel addressed this last night (24 September) and continued to ridicule Trump.

The comedian said: “There are still a lot of people who think I should be pulled off the air for making fun of Donald Trump.

“So, I want to explain. I talk about Trump more than anything because he's a bully. I don't like bullies.”

Kimmel even referenced portions of Trump’s frustrated post about the show returning and highlighted Trump’s implied suggestion of him taking legal action.

Trump’s comments about the $16 million dollars were seemingly in reference to the settlement he reached with ABC last year in a defamation lawsuit he filed against the network.

Kimmel added: “Only Donald Trump would try to prove he wasn't threatening ABC by threatening ABC.

Trump has taken repeated shots at Kimmel over his ratings (Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)
Trump has taken repeated shots at Kimmel over his ratings (Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)

“You almost have to feel sorry for the people who work for him who try to clean up the messes… They go to all these lengths to say, ‘Oh, it wasn't coercion. The president was just musing.’

“And then, the second Trump is alone, he sits on the toilet. He gets his grubby little thumbs on his phone. And he immediately blows their excuses to smithereens.”

He also addressed Trump’s repeated claims that Kimmel has been having struggling ratings and shared that Trump was himself proving less popular.

Kimmel pulled up a graphic of the president’s disapproval numbers and said: “He does know bad ratings, he has some of the worst ratings any president has ever had.”

Featured Image Credit: Jimmy Kimmel Live/ABC

Topics: News, Donald Trump, US News, Jimmy Kimmel

Gerrard Kaonga
Gerrard Kaonga

Gerrard is a Journalist at UNILAD and has dived headfirst into covering everything from breaking global stories to trending entertainment news. He has a bachelors in English Literature from Brunel University and has written across a number of different national and international publications. Most notably the Financial Times, Daily Express, Evening Standard and Newsweek.

Advert

Advert

Advert

Choose your content:

Just now
22 mins ago
23 mins ago
an hour ago
  • FBI
    Just now

    Huge DNA breakthrough finally solves 30-year-old cold case in gruesome homicide

    Carmen Van Huss' was brutally attacked and murdered at age 19 after Dana Shepherd broke into her apartment, new evidence has confirmed

    News
  • BSIP/Universal Images Group via Getty Images
    22 mins ago

    Study claims erection pills could have huge benefits for men that goes beyond just sex

    A new study has explained the unexpected health benefits for erection pills.

    News
  • Cliff Hawkins/Getty Images
    23 mins ago

    Logan Paul sells his record-breaking Pokémon card for triple the amount he bought it for

    The YouTuber described the amount as 'absolutely insane'

    Celebrity
  • Lodovico Colli di Felizzano/WWD via Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Brooklyn Beckham's sister Harper, 14, sends message to all 3 of her brothers as intense family feud continues

    David and Victoria Beckham's youngest child shared a heartfelt message to her older brothers as the family feud rumbles on

    Celebrity
  • People think resurfaced Trump post shows he 'coordinated effort to silence' Jimmy Kimmel
  • Trump rips into Jimmy Kimmel with insensitive jab during Charlie Kirk's funeral
  • Jimmy Kimmel has strong message for Trump in fiery comeback monologue as show returns
  • Donald Trump threatens to sue ABC over Jimmy Kimmel's return in scathing message