
Topics: Prince Andrew, Royal Family, UK News, News

Topics: Prince Andrew, Royal Family, UK News, News
The UK government is considering removing Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor from the line of succession.
Andrew is currently eighth in line to the British throne, with Prince William and his children - Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis - as well as Prince Harry and his kids - Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet - currently ahead of him.
Andrew is the second eldest son of the late Queen Elizabeth II. Although Princess Anne is older than Andrew, the rules at the time of Andrew's birth dictated that male heirs took preference over female heirs.
This rule was changed through the Succession to the Crown Act in 2013.
Advert
According to the BBC, the British government is now considering removing Andrew altogether, with Defence Minister Luke Pollard telling the broadcaster that the move was the 'right thing to do'.

Speaking on BBC Radio 4's Any Questions, Pollard said the government had been working with the Palace to stop Andrew 'potentially being a heartbeat away from the throne'.
He added that the potential plans were 'something that I hope will enjoy cross party support, but its right that that is something that only happens when the police investigation concludes'.
Officers arrested the former Duke of York at Wood Farm on the Sandringham Estate last week, on his 66th birthday, where he had been living since leaving the Royal Lodge in Windsor.

The arrest, on suspicion of misconduct in public office, comes after allegations were made against Andrew following the release of a collection of files relating to Jeffrey Epstein, the late American financier who was indicted for sex trafficking. Epstein’s friendship with the former prince has long been a controversial point of discussion.
Andrew has vehemently denied all accusations against him in relation to Epstein.
Following the news of Andrew’s arrest, King Charles issued a statement.
It begins: "I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office. What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities."

"In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation," King Charles continued.
"Let me state clearly: the law must take its course.
"As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter.
"Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all. Charles R."
Thames Valley police added in a statement: “We have today (19/2) arrested a man in his 60s from Norfolk on suspicion of misconduct in public office and are carrying out searches at addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk.
“The man remains in police custody at this time.”
Since Andrew's arrest, police have been seen entering Royal Lodge, as well as being parked outside, with the BBC reporting searches are expected to continue until Monday.
UNILAD has reached out to the British government and the Royal Family for comment.