To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

Not now
OK
Advert
Advert
Advert

Streamer's attempt to BBQ in his room ends in disaster

Daisy Phillipson

Published 
| Last updated 

Streamer's attempt to BBQ in his room ends in disaster

Featured Image Credit: Twitter/@kimorin_channel

In what will be a surprise to absolutely no one, a streamer's attempt to BBQ in his room ended in disaster.

It's really not a good idea to have a barbecue in your room – or any open fire for that matter. And while this might be obvious to most, apparently not everyone knows the basics of health and safety.

That includes one Twitch streamer who goes by the name Kimorin on social media. In the now viral clip, he can be seen holding a torch hooked up to a gas canister over the tiny grill.

Advert

What's more, the guy has absolutely no protective gear on and just a towel placed underneath the barbecue.

Loading…

It doesn't take long for the flames to grow out of control, completely engulfing the setup and setting off the man's fire alarm.

For a moment it looks like Kimorin is going to try and put the fire out, but soon enough he gives up and dashes out of the room.

Advert

Thankfully he made it out of there alive – here's hoping he ran off to call the fire brigade.

The footage originally popped up on Reddit yesterday (December 27) before it was shared by Dexerto, who wrote: "This streamer really attempted to BBQ in his room…

"The only time a Twitch streamer cooks their own food and it’s a fire hazard."

The online community hasn't been too sympathetic towards the streamer, with some suggesting this isn't the first time he's set fire to things in the name of Twitch views.

Advert
Don't try this at home. Credit: Twitter/@kimorin_channel
Don't try this at home. Credit: Twitter/@kimorin_channel

One wrote: "Honestly surprised this guy isn't banned yet, if his entire thing is just him playing with fire like an idiot, setting fire to his room every stream."

In response, another said: "His poor neighbors. This f**king idiot is going to get innocent people killed, and possibly children.

"Honestly, f**k this guy. He doesn't deserve that home he's torching."

Advert

A third chimed in: "Ah, my weekly reminder to never move into a high rise apartment, lovely."

Kimorin himself has since taken to Twitter to explain the situation, starting off by apologising for 'worrying everyone'.

He said: "The fire just looked strong, but in reality it was only inside the fireproof sheet, so I was completely in control of the fire."

Thankfully no one was injured. Credit: Twitter/@kimorin_channel
Thankfully no one was injured. Credit: Twitter/@kimorin_channel
Advert

The Twitch user went on to say that the only reason his stream stopped is because he accidentally pulled out the router.

Whatever the case, people aren't too impressed with him for performing such a dangerous stunt.

UNILAD has contacted Kimorin for comment.

Topics: News, World News, Twitch

Daisy Phillipson
More like this
Advert
Advert
Advert

Chosen for YouChosen for You

News

People terrified after hearing noise Aurora Borealis makes

8 hours ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

Playboy model says Leonardo DiCaprio had surprising answer when asked why he never dates anyone older than 25

16 hours ago