unilad homepage
unilad homepage
  • News
    • UK News
    • US News
    • World News
    • Crime
    • Health
    • Money
    • Sport
    • Travel
  • Music
  • Technology
  • Film and TV
    • News
    • DC Comics
    • Disney
    • Marvel
    • Netflix
  • Celebrity
  • Politics
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content
Police release shocking details as NFL star Stefon Diggs charged with assault and strangulation
Home>News>Sport
Published 19:57 30 Dec 2025 GMT

Police release shocking details as NFL star Stefon Diggs charged with assault and strangulation

Stefon Diggs' lawyer tried to have the police report sealed

Niamh Shackleton

Niamh Shackleton

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover
Featured Image Credit: Kathryn Riley/Getty Images

Topics: NFL, Crime, News, Sport, Police, US News

Niamh Shackleton
Niamh Shackleton

Niamh Shackleton is an experienced journalist for UNILAD, specialising in topics including mental health and showbiz, as well as anything Henry Cavill and cat related. She has previously worked for OK! Magazine, Caters and Kennedy.

X

@niamhshackleton

Advert

Advert

Advert

A police report regarding the alleged crimes committed by Stefon Diggs has been made public.

Earlier today (December 30), it was revealed that Diggs has been charged with felony strangulation or suffocation and misdemeanour assault and battery.

The New England Patriots star has denied the allegations he's facing, and his football team has insisted that it 'supports' the wide receiver.

It said in a statement, per ESPN: "The New England Patriots are aware of the accusations that have been made regarding Stefon Diggs. Stefon has informed the organization that he categorically denies the allegations. We support Stefon.

Advert

"We will continue to gather information and will cooperate fully with the appropriate authorities and the NFL as necessary. Out of respect for all parties involved, and given that this is an ongoing legal matter, we will have no further comment at this time."

Diggs' lawyer, Michael DiStefano, requested that the police report on the alleged December 2 incident be kept sealed, but a judge has allowed it to be made public.

Stefon Diggs is facing strangulation and assault charges (Maddie Meyer/Getty Images)
Stefon Diggs is facing strangulation and assault charges (Maddie Meyer/Getty Images)

Court documents and a Dedham Police Department report obtained by Boston 25 News (via Yahoo! Sports) say that the alleged victim is a woman who identified herself as Diggs' former personal chef.

The report was dated December 16. Reportedly, she was reluctant to file the report because of Diggs' celebrity status.

On the day in question, Diggs and his chef reportedly had a dispute over payment, with her claiming the NFL star owed her a month's pay.

During the dispute, Diggs allegedly smacked the woman before placing his hands around her neck, causing her to feel lightheaded. The alleged incident left her in pain and struggling to swallow. Per the report, she feared for her safety and said she 'could have blacked out'.

Police penned in the documentation: "She said that she is normally paid by wire transfer, and the initial agreement was for weekly pay. She said that since she has been working, she has been getting paid monthly instead.

"As of now, she said that she still believes she is owed a month’s pay."

The alleged victim was Diggs' former personal chef (Taylor Hill/FilmMagic)
The alleged victim was Diggs' former personal chef (Taylor Hill/FilmMagic)

The chef is believed to have worked for Diggs since July. Reportedly, she resigned from her position after the alleged assault, and then the footballer proceeded to ask her to sign a non-disclosure agreement.

The report also stated that the police tried to contact Diggs several times before the report was filed.

Diggs' attorney, David Meier, told The Independent that the allegations against the NFL star are 'unsubstantiated, uncorroborated, and were never investigated -- because they did not occur', adding: "The timing and motivation for making the allegations is crystal clear: they are the direct result of an employee-employer financial dispute that was not resolved to the employee’s satisfaction.

"Stefon looks forward to establishing the truth in a court of law."

The Patriots star's arraignment has been scheduled for January 23.

UNILAD have previously approached Diggs' rep for comment on the matter.

Choose your content:

an hour ago
2 hours ago
3 hours ago
  • University of Genova
    an hour ago

    Bodies of four missing divers in Maldives scuba diving tragedy found

    They are believed to have died while exploring a cave at a depth of 50ft

    News

    breaking

  • Kill 3 News
    2 hours ago

    Texas mystery sees dozens of defective piggy banks wash ashore

    The piggy banks originate from either Caribbean or South American countries

    News
  • Donald Trump/Truth Social
    2 hours ago

    Trump posts series of bizarre AI images as he issues chilling new warning to Iran

    The bill for the conflict with Iran has now reached an eye watering $29 billion

    News
  • Instagram
    3 hours ago

    Maldives scuba diving tourists' deaths may be explained by missing GoPro

    One of the victims regularly took a GoPro on scuba dives

    News
  • NFL star Stefon Diggs charged with assault and strangulation
  • NFL star DK Metcalf has $45 million contract clause voided after slapping Detroit Lions fan
  • Kansas City Chiefs coach Andy Reid breaks silence on Travis Kelce retirement rumors with blunt remark
  • The Wire and IT: Chapter Two actor James Ransone takes his own life aged 46 as police release details