
A Miss Universe contestant has spoken out after she was subjected to 'disrespectful' comments from a beauty pageant organizer.
Miss Mexico, Fatima Bosch, 25, walked out of a pre-pageant ceremony earlier this month, after she was berated by executive Nawat Itsaragrisil.
The moment was captured in a Facebook Live video and ended up going viral. In the clip, Itsaragrisil appeared to insult and speak down to Bosch, calling her a 'dummy', meanwhile Bosch told him: "You are not respecting me as a woman."
As she left the room, Bosch told Itsaragrisil: "As women, you need to show respect for us. I’m here representing a country and it’s not my fault that you have problems with my organization."
Advert
Many other contestants could be seen standing in solidarity, and followed her out of the pageant in support.
While it's not clear what the argument was about, it's reported that Itsaragrisil berated Bosch for allegedly not participating in a promotional photoshoot, apparently under the instruction of her team.
Following the incident, Itsaragrisil claimed that he had not called Bosch 'dummy' but had said the word 'damage'.
Apologizing to contestants directly, he said: "I want to take this opportunity to say something about something that's happened, because I am a human.
"I think you must understand the pressure is a lot, I am a human sometimes. I cannot control. By the way, I have not intend[ed] to harm anyone because I respect all of you. I am so sorry it happened... If anyone was affected and not comfortable with what happened, I am so sorry."
However, Miss Universe Organization President Raúl Rocha later announced that Itsaragrisil would be restricted from participating in the 74th Miss Universe competition.

In a statement given in Spanish with English subtitles, Rocha said: "I have restricted Nawat's participation in the events that are part of the 74th Miss Universe competition, limiting it as much as possible or eliminating it entirely.
"I will not allow the values of respect and dignity towards women to be violated. [I have] great indignation towards Nawat for the public aggression he committed against Fátima Bosch, Miss Universe Mexico, whom he humiliated, insulted, and showed lack of respect to, [with] serious abuse by calling security to intimidate a defenseless woman."
He added: "Nawat, you need to stop."
Following the events, Bosch had the ultimate revenge, going on to be crowned Miss Universe at the final in Pak Kret, Thailand, on Friday (November 21).

She later shared a statement following the ordeal.
On Instagram, Bosch wrote [translated]: "Today I reaffirmed that what God has destined for you, neither envy stops it, nor destiny aborts it, nor luck changes it. Long live Christ the King."
Topics: World News, Beauty, News, Viral, Social Media