
The unfolding dispute between Marvel actor Jeremy Renner and filmmaker Yi Zhou has taken an unexpected turn, with it being confirmed that the pair have found a 'peaceful' resolution after she claimed he had sent unsolicited images and threatened to report her to ICE.
The row between Renner, 54, and Zhou, 38, stems from a series of mutual cease and desist letters issued while working on a pair of documentaries, titled Stardust Future and Chronicles of Disney, together, with both sides alleging that the other repeatedly 'threw themselves' at one another and sent a series of explicit messages.
Both admitted to engaging in a consensual romantic entanglement near the start of their professional relationship. Renner claimed to have only met Zhou twice for the purpose of taking part in her documentary, but admitted to a 'brief consensual encounter', TMZ reports.
Yet the filmmaker alleged a very different situation in a series of Instagram posts, including the claim that Renner had threatened to call ICE on her during their dispute.
Advert

Over the weekend on November 15, Zhou told TMZ that they have 'reached a peaceful and mutually respectful resolution' and will be moving forward with their joint projects.
“We appreciate everyone who supported a positive outcome and embraced a forward-looking, collaborative path,” Zhou announced.
An unexpected update from Jeremy Renner's lawyer
Well, Renner's lawyer Marty Singer has said that no such end to legal hostilities has taken place.
"There was no deal reached with Yi Zhou to resolve my client Jeremy Renner’s substantial multi-million dollar claims against her," Singer told TMZ after seeing the assertion.
Singer went on to say: "I have no knowledge why Yi Zhou would fabricate a story that a deal has been made with her since she was notified that there was no deal with her, including her use of Jeremy Renner in an animated movie when he only agreed to be in a documentary."

What did Yi Zhou say about Jeremy Renner?
Zhou wrote on Instagram on November 3: “Mr. Renner first contacted me directly in June, sending personal and intimate photographs of himself, behavior that, according to public reports, he has exhibited before.”
“He convinced me of his sincerity, saying he had been single for a long time and open to a long-term relationship. I believed in him, in the power of love and in the possibility of redemption.”
She also claimed that she received two images 'out of the blue' followed by a 'string of unwanted / unsolicited pornographic images of himself via DM and WhatsApp'.
"When I called him out privately about his past misconduct and asked him to behave properly, to respect me as a woman and as a filmmaker, he threatened to call immigration/ICE on me, an act that deeply shocked and frightened me," she further alleged.
A legal representative for Renner has previously said in a statement to UNILAD that the allegations are 'totally inaccurate and untrue'.
Topics: Jeremy Renner, Marvel, Celebrity, Film and TV