• News
  • Film and TV
  • Music
  • Tech
  • Features
  • Celebrity
  • Politics
  • Weird
  • Community
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content
Kanye West’s legal team is dumping him via newspaper ads because they can’t get in touch with him

Home> Celebrity

Published 01:11 17 Jan 2023 GMT

Kanye West’s legal team is dumping him via newspaper ads because they can’t get in touch with him

The Greenberg Traurig Law Firm is hoping the rapper will eventually get the message.

Stewart Perrie

Stewart Perrie

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Kanye West's legal team is going down a rather bizarre route to let the rapper know they are parting ways.

The Greenberg Traurig Law Firm hasn't been able to get in touch with Ye recently, according to NME.

They can't seem to reach him by phone or in person, so they will be letting him know they're dumping him as a client through a 'multi-prong approach'.

Legal documents seen by TMZ and AllHipHop state Greenberg Traurig Law Firm will be taking out adverts in two newspapers.

Advert

These notices will let the 45-year-old rapper know that they won't be representing him anymore and to look elsewhere for legal representation.

Kanye West.
PA Images / Alamy.

The documents say: "Publication of the Withdrawal Order’s contents in two Los Angeles-area newspapers, where Ye appears to reside, will also apprise him of the Withdrawal Order.

“Given Ye’s public status, publication of the Withdrawal Order will likely garner significant media attention, resulting in broader publication and provide an even greater likelihood of apprising Ye of the Order.”

So, basically, they're just hoping this approach will generate enough of a buzz that Ye reads it in the newspaper or on another news website.

The law firm was representing Ye for an infringement lawsuit where he was accused of sampling a track for his song 'Flowers'.

Digital Music News says Ultra Music Publishing launched the legal action against the rapper in June last year for using the 1986 song 'Move Your Body' despite not having permission to do so.

However, as many people will remember, Kanye West had a very controversial 2022 and he lost business deals due to a tirade of antisemitic and racist comments that lasted for weeks.

Kanye West has been banned from Twitter again.
Abaca Press / Alamy Stock Photo

Greenberg Traurig Law Firm requested to part ways with Ye back in November, however a judge ordered the law firm 'to demonstrate that Mr. West has been personally served with their application to withdraw'.

Judge Analisa Torres complied with the request, writing (via Digital Music News): "GT asserts that withdrawal is necessary in light of Ye’s failure to cooperate in the prosecution of their case. GT has put forward satisfactory reasons for withdrawal.”

The outlet says Ye had until January 4 to let the courts know who was legally representing him and then 30 days to 'answer or otherwise respond to the complaint' itself.

It comes while Ye is being sued by his former business manager, Thomas St. John, for $4.5million (£3.7million).

St. John claims West ended their partnership abruptly and that he wasn't paid for all the promotional work he did for the 2021 album Donda.

NME says Thomas was hired by the rapper that year as Ye's business manager and Chief Marketing Officer.


Featured Image Credit: MediaPunch Inc / Alamy Stock Photo. LANDMARK MEDIA / Alamy Stock Photo

Topics: Kanye West, Celebrity

Stewart Perrie
Stewart Perrie

Stewart Perrie is a Senior Journalist at LADbible. Stewart has covered the conflict in Syria for LADbible, interviewing a doctor on the front line, and has contributed to the hugely successful UOKM8 campaign. He is in charge of the LADbible Australia editorial content and social presence.

X

@stewartperrie

Advert

Advert

Advert

Choose your content:

15 mins ago
3 hours ago
4 hours ago
9 hours ago
  • Getty Images/NBC
    15 mins ago

    Eric Dane made heartbreaking final post before he died of ALS aged 53

    Grey's Anatomy actor Eric Dane had a final message that he shared in the final months of his battle with ALS

    Celebrity
  • Instagram/iamalsorg
    3 hours ago

    Eric Dane shared his honest experience of 'horrible' ALS diagnosis in final public appearance before his death

    The Grey's Anatomy star said he had 'no reason to be in a good spirit at any time'

    Celebrity
  • Getty Images/Daniel Zuchnik
    4 hours ago

    Investigators in death of celebrity chef Anne Burrell found 'suicidal note' in room after she died

    Anne Burrell died in June 2025

    Celebrity
  • Emma McIntyre/Getty
    9 hours ago

    Jason Bateman details honest conversations with wife that made him get sober

    The actor made the decision to go 'California sober' the year he married his wife Amanda Anka

    Celebrity
  • Fans concerned after Kanye West makes worrying admission about life in rare interview
  • Kim Kardashian explains why she felt she had ‘Stockholm syndrome’ during 7-year marriage to Kanye West
  • Kim Kardashian makes candid admission on Kanye West divorce damaging relationship with daughter North
  • Man who bought Kanye West’s mansion and labeled him as 'dumb' went to prison for wild crime