• News
  • Film and TV
  • Music
  • Tech
  • Features
  • Celebrity
  • Politics
  • Weird
  • Community
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content
3 people dead and 8 wounded after multiple gunmen open fire in restaurant as police release details

Home> News> US News

Updated 13:29 17 Aug 2025 GMT+1Published 12:41 17 Aug 2025 GMT+1

3 people dead and 8 wounded after multiple gunmen open fire in restaurant as police release details

The shooting occurred in the early hours of Sunday morning (August 17)

Niamh Shackleton

Niamh Shackleton

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Three people have died after a shooting in Brooklyn.

Police believe that multiple people were involved in the incident that took place in the Taste of the City Lounge on Franklin Avenue in the early hours of this morning (August 17).

Speaking at a press conference New York Police Department (NYPD) Commissioner Jessica Tisch said that law enforcement received calls about the shooting just before 3.30am and arrived at the scene minutes later.

Three men were identified as the deceased. One was 27, another 35, and the third man's age is currently unknown.

Advert

The other eight injured individuals were taken to nearby hospitals with non-life threatening injuries, NBC News reports.

Tisch went on to say that they believe that 'multiple shooters' were involved in the incident and police have recovered 'at least 36 shell casings so far'.

No arrests have been made and no suspects have been identified.

The shooting took place inside Taste of the City Lounge in Brooklyn (@tasteofthecityloungebk/Instagram)
The shooting took place inside Taste of the City Lounge in Brooklyn (@tasteofthecityloungebk/Instagram)

"It’s a terrible thing that happened this morning and we’re going to investigate to determine what went down," Tisch continued.

While no one has been taken into custody yet, police have said that a firearm was recovered nearby in the vicinity of Bedford Avenue and Eastern Parkway. They are now investigating whether it was involved in the shooting or not.

Elsewhere Tisch addressed the fact that shooting incidents are in decline.

"We have the lowest number of shooting incidents and shooting victims seven months into the year that we’ve seen on record in the city of New York," she said, adding: "Something like this is, of course, thank God, an anomaly."

But today's ordeal comes just days after a teenager opened fire in Time's Square.

The gunman, a 17-year-old male, was said to have fired the gun following a dispute with another individual.

Three people were left injured: a 19-year-old man was shot in the foot, a 65-year-old man was hit in the left leg and an 18-year old woman was grazed in the neck, the BBC said at the time.

One of the injured was the shooter's intended target (the 19-year-old male) while the other two were innocent bystanders.

The teen gunman was facing multiple charges of attempted murder, reckless endangerment, and criminal possession of a weapon in a restricted area, reported Fox 5 New York.

Time's Square is a gun-free zone and has been since October 2022.

If you have experienced a bereavement and would like to speak with someone in confidence, contact GrieveWell on (734) 975-0238, or email [email protected].

Featured Image Credit: @NYPDnews/Twitter

Topics: New York, Crime, US News

Niamh Shackleton
Niamh Shackleton

Niamh Shackleton is an experienced journalist for UNILAD, specialising in topics including mental health and showbiz, as well as anything Henry Cavill and cat related. She has previously worked for OK! Magazine, Caters and Kennedy.

X

@niamhshackleton

Advert

Advert

Advert

Choose your content:

7 hours ago
8 hours ago
9 hours ago
  • Keegan Barber/NASA via Getty Images
    7 hours ago

    NASA blast Boeing and reveal exactly what they think was to blame after astronauts were stranded in space for months

    A NASA boss has said that the failure of a Starliner was a 'Type A' mishap

    News
  • Getty Stock Image
    7 hours ago

    Scientist gave octopus MDMA and recorded shocking results

    The study examined how the octopuses' behaviour changed when they were given the drug

    News
  • Fox43 News/YouTube
    8 hours ago

    86-year-old farmer rejects $15 million offer from AI data center to sell his land and makes his own deal

    Mervin Raudabaugh has farmed the land for 50 years

    News
  • Getty Stock Images
    9 hours ago

    Doctor reveals what happens when you smoke a single cigarette and impact it has on your body

    That 'just one' cigarette might not be as harmless as you think

    News