unilad homepage
unilad homepage
  • News
    • UK News
    • US News
    • World News
    • Crime
    • Health
    • Money
    • Sport
    • Travel
  • Music
  • Technology
  • Film and TV
    • News
    • DC Comics
    • Disney
    • Marvel
    • Netflix
  • Celebrity
  • Politics
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content
Ricky Martin’s Nephew Officially Withdraws Claims Of Sexual Relationship
Home>News
Updated 18:33 21 Jul 2022 GMT+1Published 18:18 21 Jul 2022 GMT+1

Ricky Martin’s Nephew Officially Withdraws Claims Of Sexual Relationship

"We are glad that our client saw justice done"

Daisy Phillipson

Daisy Phillipson

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover
Featured Image Credit: Alamy

Topics: Domestic Abuse, Music, Crime, News

Daisy Phillipson
Daisy Phillipson

Daisy graduated from Kingston University with a degree in Magazine Journalism, writing a thesis on the move from print to digital publishing. Continuing this theme, she has written for a range of online publications including Digital Spy and Little White Lies, with a particular passion for TV and film. Contact her on [email protected]

X

@DaisyWebb77

Advert

Advert

Advert

Ricky Martin's nephew has withdrawn allegations of domestic violence and incest against the singer.

Earlier this month, Martin was slapped with a restraining order after an anonymous report was filed detailing the claims.

According to Spanish news site Marca, the report was filed by the star's 21-year-old nephew, accusing Martin of domestic violence and incest.

Since the singer denied the claims, he was set to battle it out against his alleger in court, and if found guilty he could've faced up to 50 years in jail.

Advert

The charges against Ricky Martin have been dropped.
Alamy

However, officials have now confirmed that the case has since been dropped.

In a joint statement released today (21 July), Martin’s lawyers said: "Just as we had anticipated, the temporary protection order was not extended by the Court.

"The accuser confirmed to the court that his decision to dismiss the matter was his alone, without any outside influence or pressure, and the accuser confirmed he was satisfied with his legal representation in the matter.

“The request came from the accuser asking to dismiss the case. This was never anything more than a troubled individual making false allegations with absolutely nothing to substantiate them.

"We are glad that our client saw justice done and can now move forward with his life and his career."

Truth prevails.

Swipe right for English pic.twitter.com/4Q7UOHCi7e

— Ricky Martin (@ricky_martin) July 21, 2022

According to TMZ, the judge is also reported to have dismissed the temporary restraining order, which was filed in Puerto Rico on 1 July.

Martin's nephew previously claimed that the singer 'exercised physical and and psychological attacks' against him amid an alleged seven-month 'illegal incest relationship', which was said to have ended two months ago.

Shortly after the restraining order was filed, the 50-year-old star took to Twitter to deny the accusations.

He wrote: "The protection order entered against me is based on completely false allegations, so I will respond through the judicial process with the facts and the dignity that characterize me.

"Because it is an ongoing legal matter, I cannot make detailed statements at this time. I am grateful for the countless messages of solidarity, and I receive them with all my heart."

pic.twitter.com/iAznFleEAK

— Ricky Martin (@ricky_martin) July 4, 2022

Martin's attorney Marty Singer previously told The New York Post that the claimant had been 'struggling with deep mental health challenges'.

He added: "Ricky Martin has, of course, never been – and would never be – involved in any kind of sexual or romantic relationship with his nephew."

If you have a story you want to tell, send it to UNILAD via [email protected]

Choose your content:

8 hours ago
9 hours ago
  • James Gilbert/Getty Images
    8 hours ago

    Kyle Busch's cause of death confirmed as sepsis after NASCAR driver died aged 41

    The family confirmed that Busch died after complications of sepsis progressing from severe pneumonia

    News

    breaking

  • Allen J. Schaben/Los Angeles Times via Getty Images
    8 hours ago

    California toxic chemical leak sparks explosion fears as 40,000 evacuated in 'crisis situation'

    Officials have warned that the tank leak in Orange County may 'spill or explode'

    News
  • Maldives President Press Office
    9 hours ago

    Expert says Maldives diving accident victims were just minutes away from reaching surface

    Finnish rescue diver Sami Paakkarinen has said the group lacked 'basic cave diving equipment'

    News
  • Getty Stock Images
    9 hours ago

    Cancer-causing chemicals hidden in many common foods, scientists discover

    It has raised concerns about long-term health risks

    News
  • Michael Jackson's 'secret family' make chilling allegations about photos of singer in new sexual abuse claims
  • Michael Jackson’s ‘secret family’ speak out in new interview with ‘disturbing’ sexual abuse claims
  • Secret Lives of Mormon Wives star under investigation for alleged domestic assault leaving co-stars 'overwhelmed'
  • Husband charged with murdering Miss Switzerland finalist wife who was ‘pureed in a blender after being strangled'