• News
  • Film and TV
  • Music
  • Tech
  • Features
  • Celebrity
  • Politics
  • Weird
  • Community
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content
Ewan McGregor Has A Message For Toxic Fans Following Premiere Of ‘Obi-Wan Kenobi’

Home> News

Updated 14:27 1 Jun 2022 GMT+1Published 14:25 1 Jun 2022 GMT+1

Ewan McGregor Has A Message For Toxic Fans Following Premiere Of ‘Obi-Wan Kenobi’

Ewan McGregor has said anyone sending racist messages to his co-star Moses Ingram isn't ‘a true Star Wars fan’

Aisha Nozari

Aisha Nozari

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Ewan McGregor has release a message to anyone sending racist messages to his co-star Moses Ingram.

McGregor, who stars alongside Ingram in the new Disney+ series Obi-Wan Kenobi, addressed fans in a video shared on the franchise’s official Twitter page, telling the account’s 5.8 million followers.

McGregor’s message came two days after Ingram revealed on social media on Monday (30 May) that she’d been inundated with vile messages since Obi-Wan Kenobi aired on 27 May.

Advert

McGregor swiftly spoke out against the anti-Black, misogynist messages aimed at Ingram and could be seen sitting in a car as he addressed fans.

He said in full: “This weekend, Star Wars fans made Obi-Wan Kenobi the most-watched Disney Plus series premiere of all time and for that, I would say a big thank you. It just goes to show what this family can do when we all pull together. 

“However, it seems that some of the fanbase, this influential fanbase, have decided to attack Moses Ingram online and send her the most racist horrendous DMs. I heard some of them this morning and it just broke my heart.”

Ingram was inundated with vile messages.
Alamy

He went on: “Moses is a brilliant actor, a brilliant woman, and she’s absolutely amazing in this series. She brings so much to the series. She brings so much to the franchise and it sickened me to my stomach to hear that this had been happening. I just want to say as the leading actor on the series, as an executive producer on the series, we stand with Moses.”

The actor concluded: “We love Moses and if you’re sending her bullying messages, you’re no Star Wars fan in my mind. There’s no place for racism in this world. I totally stand with Moses.”

Revealing just a snippet of the abuse she’d received since debuting her character Reva Sevander, one of the Galactic Empire’s inquisitors, last month, Ingram said: “There’s nothing anybody can do to stop this hate, and so I question what my purpose is in even being here in front of you saying that this is happening.”

She went on: “I think the thing that bothers me is that like sort of this feeling that I’ve had inside of myself — which no one has told me — but this feeling of like ‘I’ve just got to shut up and take it', you know?”

Star Wars’ official Twitter account also shared a message addressing fans’ racism, tweeting: "We are proud to welcome Moses Ingram to the Star Wars family and excited for Reva's story to unfold.

"If anyone intends to make her feel in any way unwelcome, we have only one thing to say: we resist.

"There are more than 20 million sentient species in the Star Wars galaxy, don't choose to be a racist."

If you have been affected by any of the issues in this article and wish to speak to someone in confidence, contact Stop Hate UK by visiting their website www.stophateuk.org 

Featured Image Credit: Star Wars Twitter / Kenobi series

Topics: Star Wars

Aisha Nozari
Aisha Nozari

Advert

Advert

Advert

Choose your content:

3 hours ago
4 hours ago
5 hours ago
  • Getty Stock images
    3 hours ago

    Sex expert breaks down the three main reasons couples go back to monogamy after opening their relationships

    An open relationship is not the right choice for every couple and many who try it will end up going back to monogamy for important reasons

    News
  • Celal Gunes/Anadolu via Getty Images
    3 hours ago

    British tourist issues terrifying warning about visiting the US after being ‘shackled’ and ‘held for weeks’

    Karen Newton, 65, was on the holiday of a lifetime when she was shackled and driven across the US to an ICE detention center

    News
  • Valerie Plesch/Bloomberg via Getty Images
    4 hours ago

    Nicki Minaj speaks out after receiving 'most meaningful gift' from Trump

    Apparently a 'Gold card' wasn't enough...

    Celebrity
  • BBC
    5 hours ago

    Gordon Ramsay fiercely cut off by Charli XCX during live joint interview

    Charli XCX brought the 'Brat' energy in a recent talk show appearance, even cutting off hot head Gordon Ramsay

    Celebrity
  • Ewan McGregor wants to be Obi-Wan Kenobi again and is waiting on a call from Disney
  • Liam Neeson Explains Why He Returned As Qui-Gon Jinn In Obi-Wan Kenobi Finale
  • People Are Debating Obi-Wan Kenobi's Sexuality And Suggest A Clue Is In His Name
  • Star Wars Forced To Tell Fans Not To Be Racist After Obi-Wan Actor Receives Abuse