To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

Sex worker strangled to death during $2,000 sex session as cops reveal what made alleged killer 'snap'

Sex worker strangled to death during $2,000 sex session as cops reveal what made alleged killer 'snap'

Larissa Garcia was described by friends as a 'bright light'

Warning: This article contains discussion of sexual assault which some readers may find distressing.

Police in Las Vegas have learned what made a man 'snap' before he allegedly choked a sex worker to death during a paid session.

Jason Kendall, 35, walked into Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Headquarters voluntarily on Friday (28 June), one week after 30-year-old mom-of-two Larissa Garcia died.

When he arrived at the police station, Kendall 'confessed to a strangulation and sexual assault', according to police documents cited by 8 News Now.

The confession came more than two weeks after Kendall met up with Garcia in the lobby of the Palms Casino Resort in Vegas at about 4pm local time on 12 June.

About an hour later, surveillance footage caught Kendall leaving the room. He then placed a call to police to report a woman who was allegedly overdosing in a hotel room.

When security at the hotel arrived at the scene, they found Garcia on the floor with a cut to her jaw. She was taken to hospital, but doctors determined there was no alcohol or drugs in her system.

Garcia was a mom-of-two. (GoFundMe)
Garcia was a mom-of-two. (GoFundMe)

Instead, doctors suspected Garcia's unconscious state was a result of battery.

When police initially met with Kendall he declined to provide further details about what had happened, though police noted he had an injury to his back and shoulder.

Detectives also found messages between Kendall and Garcia, and an online history of Kendall looking at Garcia's adverts for escorting.

On 18 June, a nurse who specializes in sexual assault examinations reported Garcia had been strangled and 'possibly suffocated'. She died three days later after a doctor declared her brain dead.

It has not been revealed whether Kendall knew Garcia had died before he arrived into the police station, but after his surrender he was booked on charges of open murder, sexual assault and battery by strangulation to commit sexual assault.

Kendall handed himself over to police. (Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department)
Kendall handed himself over to police. (Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department)

Documents recording his surrender said Kendall had paid Garcia $2,000 to have sex, however, he became angry when she requested additional payment.

The documents said Kendall 'snapped' when hearing the request.

“He hit her in the face and ‘choked’ her for ‘ten minutes’ and ‘then had sex with her'," the report said, according to 8 News Now.

Kendall then allegedly moved Garcia away from the door and left the room before calling the police to report an overdose.

He made his first court appearances on Saturday (29 June) and Tuesday (2 July), and will remain in custody for at least a month until a hearing on 6 August.

A friend of Garcia's has said she was an organ donor and helped five people after her death.

Friends have set up a GoFundMe page to help pay for Garcia's funeral and support her mother and children in the wake of her death.

"We want to make sure that Larissa has the beautiful and dignified farewell she deserves," it reads.

You can donate to the page here.

UNILAD has contacted Clark County coroner’s office and the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police department for comment.

If you've been affected by any of the issues in this article, you can contact The National Sexual Assault Hotline on 800.656.HOPE (4673), available 24/7. Or you can chat online via

Featured Image Credit: Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department

Topics: Crime, Las Vegas, US News, Sexual Abuse