
This article has been updated after Rourke spoke out to discourage fans from contributing to the GoFundMe. The actor has said he doesn't know what GoFundMe is, and said he would be speaking to his lawyer about the fundraiser.
Mickey Rourke is reportedly on the verge of eviction from his home due to unpaid rent.
Someone who claimed to be a friend and member of Rourke's management team set up a GoFundMe page for the Angel Heart actor who 'is facing a very real and urgent situation'.
Rourke owes his landlord nearly $60,000 in unpaid rent and has been threatened with eviction if he doesn't pay, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Advert
With this in mind, the fundraiser was made for him, claiming it was set up with Rourke's 'full permission'.
The bio penned by Liya-Joelle Jones reads: "Mickey is facing a very real and urgent situation: the threat of eviction from his home. This fundraiser is being created with Mickey’s full permission to help cover immediate housing-related expenses and prevent that from happening.
"Mickey Rourke is an icon—but his trajectory, as painful as it is, is also a deeply human one.

"It is the story of someone who gave everything to his work, took real risks, and paid real costs. Fame does not protect against hardship, and talent does not guarantee stability."
Jones added that the actor 'deserves dignity, housing, and the chance to regain his footing', adding: "The goal is simple: to give Mickey stability and peace of mind during an extremely stressful time—so he can stay in his home and have the space to get back on his feet."
The GoFundMe page has a target of $100,000 and, at the time of writing, has raised over $57,000 in just 24 hours. This sum has come from 1,500 donations, the top of being from someone who donated $2,500.
Speaking to The Hollywood Reporter, Jones further explained: "Mickey is going through a very difficult time right now, and it’s been incredibly touching to see how many people care about him and want to help."
It's believed that the actor-turned-boxer was handed an eviction notice on December 18.

He signed a contract in March 2025 to pay $5,200 per month for the property, but the monthly rent was later increased to $7,000.
Rourke's reported financial hardships come after his exit from Celebrity Big Brother last year following unacceptable behavior.
While in the house, he made homophobic remarks to JoJo Siwa and later had a confrontation with Love Island star Chris Hughes.
No physical altercation occurred between the pair, but Rourke's actions were deemed 'threatening and aggressive', and he later apologized for the situation.
Siwa and Hughes are now in a relationship, having sparked up a friendship in the CBB house that later turned romantic.
The 22-year-old started the show dating Kath Ebbs, but Siwa was reported to have dumped them at the CBB party.
Topics: Mickey Rourke, GoFundMe, Money, Property, News, Celebrity