To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

Lil Tay spotted in public for first time in years after viral death hoax

Lil Tay spotted in public for first time in years after viral death hoax

Lil Tay has been seen out in public for the first time since a post on her Instagram claimed she'd died.

Lil Tay has been seen out in public for the first time since a post went up on her Instagram claiming that she'd died.

Lil Tay first rose to fame at the age of around nine, taking to social media to brag about her wealth.

And earlier this year in August, a post was uploaded to the 16-year-old internet personality and rapper's Instagram account claiming that she'd died.

However, TMZ later shared a statement from the star reassuring that she was 'safe and alive' - with the Instagram post allegedly being the result of a hack.

Lil Tay rose to fame around the age of nine, flashing the cash on social media.
Instagram/ @liltay

The Instagram post in question read: "It is with a heavy heart that we share the devastating news of our beloved Claire's sudden and tragic passing.

"We have no words to express the unbearable loss and indescribable pain. This outcome was entirely unexpected, and has left us all in shock. Her brother's passing adds an even more unimaginable depth to our grief.

"During this time of immense sorrow, we kindly ask for privacy as we grieve this overwhelming loss, as the circumstances surrounding Claire and her brother's passing are still under investigation.

"Claire will forever remain in our hearts, her absence leaving an irreplacable void that will be felt by all who knew and loved her."

The 16-year-old was spotted out in public for the first time in years.

In the statement shared by TMZ, Lil Tay made 'clear' she and her brother were safe and alive, but she was 'completely heartbroken' and 'struggling to even find the right words to say'.

The 16-year-old continued: "It’s been a very traumatizing 24 hours. All day yesterday, I was bombarded with endless heartbreaking and tearful phone calls from loved ones all while trying to sort out this mess.

"My Instagram account was compromised by a third party and used to spread jarring misinformation and rumors regarding me, to the point that even my name was wrong. My legal name is Tay Tian, not 'Claire Hope'."

And since the whole debacle in August, the internet personality has been spotted in public for the first time in years.

Lil Tay was at LAX Airport.

On Wednesday (27 September), Lil Tay was spotted by paparazzi outside LAX airport.

Lil Tay was allegedly forced to go Vancouver after her father obtained a court order in 2018, however, her mother later won a custody battle and Lil Tay's primary residence is now with her, according to a post by the mother's lawyers shared on Lil Tay's Instagram on 18 August.

The 16-year-old was recorded wearing a black hoodie with the hood pulled up, a black face mask and sunglasses.

She refused to answer any questions from reporters, even when asked about the hoax.

Featured Image Credit: SPLASH / Instagram/@liltay

Topics: Celebrity, US News, World News, Viral, Social Media, Instagram, Music, Rap