Cardi B breaks silence on boyfriend Stefon Diggs' assault and strangulation accusations

Home> Celebrity> News

Cardi B breaks silence on boyfriend Stefon Diggs' assault and strangulation accusations

Rapper Cardi B has spoken out in support of her boyfriend Stefon Diggs as she leaks text with accuser in since-deleted X post

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Cardi B has issued a response to the assault allegations that her boyfriend, Stefon Diggs, is facing.

The New England Patriots wide receiver welcomed his third child - and first with rapper Cardi B - on November 4, but just over a month later, he was charged with felony strangulation or suffocation and misdemeanour assault and battery.

The charges - which were filed last Monday (December 29) in Dedham District Court, Massachusetts - relate to an alleged incident said to have taken place on December 2.

Diggs has 'categorically denied' the allegations, with the New England Patriots also issuing a statement saying they were 'aware of the accusations that have been made regarding Stefon Diggs'.

Now, with the 32-year-old due to be arraigned on January 23, his 33-year-old partner has spoken out for the first time to blast his accuser in a since-deleted post on X.

Rapper Cardi B has spoken out in support of her boyfriend Stefon Diggs as she leaks text with accuser in since-deleted X post (Elsa/Getty Images)
Rapper Cardi B has spoken out in support of her boyfriend Stefon Diggs as she leaks text with accuser in since-deleted X post (Elsa/Getty Images)

"Not once has that woman said anything to me about being touched.. NOT ONCE!!" the 'I Like It' songstress began.

"Mind you, we was talking every single day until she left that house and she JUST wrote me this.. but I'm gonna let the courts handle s*** and when it gets handled I want all yall talkin s*** on your f***in knees with apologies just as loud the way yall been harassing over a lie... and I put that on my two month old son in the name of the lord!! That's how confident I am."

Accompanying her comments was a screenshot of a text message.

"I'm sooo sorry, I can't talk to you, I didn't say that especially in the way it was written, please contact my mediator and she will answer anything you need to know. But only in person and confidently," the leaked text read, before providing the rapper with contact details.

It isn't the first text to have been made public, as the police report logged a number of shocking messages the NFL star is alleged to have sent to his accuser, a private chef he is alleged to have hired.

Diggs' lawyer, David Meier, released a statement on behalf of the sports star to E! News on Tuesday last week, which said: "Stefon Diggs categorically denies these allegations. They are unsubstantiated, uncorroborated, and were never investigated - because they did not occur.

Diggs featured for the New England Patriots during their triumph over the Miami Dolphins on Sunday (Kathryn Riley/Getty Images)
Diggs featured for the New England Patriots during their triumph over the Miami Dolphins on Sunday (Kathryn Riley/Getty Images)

"The timing and motivation for making the allegations is crystal clear: they are the direct result of an employee-employer financial dispute that was not resolved to the employee's satisfaction. Stefon looks forward to establishing the truth in a court of law."

In their statement, the New England Patriots have expressed their 'support' for Diggs, adding that they will 'continue to gather information and will cooperate fully with the appropriate authorities and the NFL as necessary'.

"Out of respect for all parties involved, and given that this is an ongoing legal matter, we will have no further comment at this time," they concluded.

On Sunday (January 4), Diggs was back on the football field against the Miami Dolphins, with the Patriots taking the victory with 38-10.

Featured Image Credit: Elsa/Getty Images

Topics: Cardi B, NFL, Social Media