
A poll of US adult citizens reveals insight into how many people suspect Donald Trump is 'covering up Epstein crimes'.
Over three million new documents from the files of convicted paedophile Jeffrey Epstein were made public earlier this year and they saw Donald Trump named over a thousand times.
While being named in the Epstein files doesn't indicate any wrongdoing, Trump's link to Epstein has long been scrutinized, particularly given accusations his administration attempted to block the release of the files.
Hillary Clinton recently addressed husband Bill's name popping up in the files, accusing the POTUS and his administration of attempting to 'cover up' the files, which saw Trump respond claiming he 'had nothing to do with Jeffrey Epstein'.
Advert
"I've been exonerated. I had nothing to do with Jeffrey Epstein. They went in hoping that they'd find it, and they found just the opposite," he continued, as quoted by the BBC.
But what do the general public think? Well, it's not looking too good for Trump.
A poll conducted by The Economist and YouGov between February 13-16, 2026, asked 1,682 US adult citizens for their opinions on a multitude of topics - from the Super Bowl half-time show to a whole breakdown on their views on Trump.
Included in that, was being asked whether they 'approve or disapprove of the way Donald Trump is handling investigations into Jeffrey Epstein'.
Only 24 percent polled approve of the POTUS' handling of the files, with 57 percent disapproving.
When asked whether or not they believe Trump is 'covering up Epstein crimes,' 53 percent of those polled replied 'yes,' with only 29 percent replying 'no' and 18 percent 'not sure'.
As to whether Trump is 'involved in Epstein crimes', a staggering 50 percent of those polled believe he is, with only 30 percent saying no and 20 percent saying they're not certain.
And when it comes to attitudes about Trump's capability of lying?

Well, 50 percent of those polled believe he 'often' lies and only seven percent said 'never'.
It follows a resurfaced clip of Trump talking to reporters in July last year showing the POTUS calling the public interest in the files 'boring'.
The US Department of Justice previously released a statement responding to the allegations against Trump, which said: "Some docs contain untrue and sensationalist claims against Trump that were submitted to the FBI right before the 2020 election.
"To be clear the claims are unfounded and false and if they have any shred of credibility they certainly would have been weaponised against Trump already."
A statement from the White House also said: "By releasing thousands of pages of documents, co-operating with the House Oversight Committee's subpoena request, and President Trump recently calling for further investigations into Epstein's Democrat friends, the Trump Administration has done more for the victims than Democrats ever have."
UNILAD has contacted the White House for comment.
Topics: Jeffrey Epstein, Donald Trump, US News