• News
  • Film and TV
  • Music
  • Tech
  • Features
  • Celebrity
  • Politics
  • Weird
  • Community
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content
List of celebrities currently stranded in Caribbean following Trump's invasion and Maduro arrest

Home> Celebrity> News

Published 18:39 6 Jan 2026 GMT

List of celebrities currently stranded in Caribbean following Trump's invasion and Maduro arrest

Several big names have been left stranded after flights were grounded

Kit Roberts

Kit Roberts

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Several people including a number of celebrities have been stranded in the Caribbean following the US attack on Venezuela.

US forces carried out airstrikes on the capital Caracas, while special forces detained the Venezuelan president Nicolás Maduro, who is now facing criminal charges in New York.

As a result of the attack, airspace over the Caribbean has been disrupted, with flights grounded.

This came after US Secretary of Transportation Sean Duffy announced that airspace over several countries including Haiti, Cuba, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago, and the Dominican Republic was closed on Saturday night.

Advert

Both commercial and private flights in the region were grounded as a result.

This has left people who were vacationing in the region stranded, and among them are a a number of Hollywood A-listers.

So, who are the Hollywood stars who have been left stuck?

Natalie Portman is among those affected (Stephane Cardinale - Corbis/Corbis via Getty Images)
Natalie Portman is among those affected (Stephane Cardinale - Corbis/Corbis via Getty Images)

Well, Natalie Portman has reportedly been unable to get to a movie set while holidaying in the region, according to a report from Page Six.

Others who are unable to leave include rapper and songwriter Queen Latifah, as well as model Ming Lee Simmons.

As if that wasn't enough, former heavyweight world champion Mike Tyson is also reportedly unable to leave following airspace being closed.

Leonardo DiCaprio also saw his plans hampered by the attack, but was able to jet out of St Barts in time to appear at the Critics Choice Awards Sunday night, where he was roasted by Chelsea Handler, who joked: “It was just like the Titanic, but worse … because Jeff Bezos was there."

It's not just the rich and famous who have been left stuck either, as several US tourists who were vacationing in the region were also affected.

Leonardo DiCaprio seemingly made it out in the nick of time (JC Olivera/Variety via Getty Images)
Leonardo DiCaprio seemingly made it out in the nick of time (JC Olivera/Variety via Getty Images)

Among them was Billy Gunther and his wife, who has not been named, who are newlyweds from Florida and had been staying in Puerto Rico when they found out that their flight home had been cancelled.

"So, you have a lot of people who are anxious, that they don't know when they're going to come home," Gunther told ABC affiliate station WZVN in Naples, Florida.

Around 29 flights to and from Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport in Puerto Rico were cancelled Sunday.

But this was a lot less than Saturday, which saw some 400 flights cancelled.

In a social media post, US Transportation Secretary Sean Duffy said that the airspace ban in the Caribbean would lift on Sunday at midnight Eastern time.

Celebs confirmed to have been affected by the disruption

Queen Latifah

Mike Tyson

Ming Lee Simmons

Natalie Portman

Leonardo DiCaprio

Featured Image Credit: LOIC VENANCE/AFP via Getty Images / Empowers Media/Star Max/GC Images

Topics: Celebrity, Donald Trump, News, Travel, US News, World News, Politics, Leonardo DiCaprio, Mike Tyson

Kit Roberts
Kit Roberts

Kit joined UNILAD in 2023 as a community journalist. They have previously worked for StokeonTrentLive, the Daily Mirror, and the Daily Star.

Advert

Advert

Advert

Choose your content:

an hour ago
5 hours ago
7 hours ago
  • Valerie Plesch/Bloomberg via Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Nicki Minaj speaks out after receiving 'most meaningful gift' from Trump

    Apparently a 'Gold card' wasn't enough...

    Celebrity
  • BBC
    an hour ago

    Gordon Ramsay fiercely cut off by Charli XCX during live joint interview

    Charli XCX brought the 'Brat' energy in a recent talk show appearance, even cutting off hot head Gordon Ramsay

    Celebrity
  • Netflix
    5 hours ago

    Why Tyra Banks banned this 'painful' topic from America's Next Top Model documentary

    America's Next Top Model saw Tyra Banks put dozens of young women through 'painful' situations, but there's one thing she won't talk about

    Celebrity
  • Axelle/Bauer-Griffin/FilmMagic via Getty Images
    7 hours ago

    Friend of Eric Dane speaks out as GoFundMe for actor's daughters sparks huge controversy

    A GoFundMe page was set up to support Dane's two daughters, Billie and Georgia

    Celebrity
  • Major polling company announce they'll no longer measure Trump's popularity and there's a worrying theory why
  • Devastating effects Trump's tariffs could have on life savings as full list of affected countries is released
  • All the countries affected by Trump's travel ban as president adds even more to the list
  • UK blocks Trump and US from using Royal Air Force bases to launch attacks on Iran