unilad homepage
unilad homepage
  • News
    • UK News
    • US News
    • World News
    • Crime
    • Health
    • Money
    • Sport
    • Travel
  • Music
  • Technology
  • Film and TV
    • News
    • DC Comics
    • Disney
    • Marvel
    • Netflix
  • Celebrity
  • Politics
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content
Video Released Of Inside The Uvalde School Shooting
Home>News
Updated 07:51 13 Jul 2022 GMT+1Published 07:32 13 Jul 2022 GMT+1

Video Released Of Inside The Uvalde School Shooting

The 77-minute video shows the police response to the shooting

Anish Vij

Anish Vij

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

A new surveillance video has been released by officials showing footage of inside Robb Elementary School amid the Uvalde school shooting where 21 people were killed.

The 77-minute video, which officials say ends before law enforcement finally breached the classroom on May 24, does not contain images of children.

Watch below:

18-year-old Salvador Ramos is said to have killed 19 children and two adults after entering Robb Elementary School in Uvalde and opening fire on students and teachers on 24 May.

Representative Dustin Burrows, a Republican leading an investigation into the shooting, tweeted: “We feel strongly that members of the Uvalde community should have the opportunity to see the video and hear from us before they are made public.”

Advert

Mr Burrows said his committee has interviewed more than 40 people behind closed doors over the last few weeks, including law enforcement who were at the scene. 

KVUE

He has defended the committee talking with witnesses in private to elicit more candour about what happened.

Police have received public backlash following the incident and have been questioned as to why it took so long for them to stop the gunman.

Steven McCraw, director of the Texas Department of Public Safety, told a state Senate hearing last month that Mr Arredondo — the on-site commander — made 'terrible decisions'.

He also said that the police response was an 'abject failure'.

Three minutes after 18-year-old Salvador Ramos entered the school, sufficient armed law enforcement were on scene to stop the gunman, Mr McCraw said in evidence.

Yet police officers armed with rifles stood and waited in a school corridor for over an hour while the gunman carried out the massacre.

KVUE

The classroom door could not be locked from the inside, but there is no indication officers tried to open the door while the gunman was inside, Mr McCraw said.

Mr McCraw has said parents begged police outside the school to move in and pupils inside the classroom repeatedly pleaded with 911 operators for help while more than a dozen officers waited in a corridor.

Officers from other agencies urged Mr Arredondo to let them move in because children were in danger.

“The only thing stopping a hallway of dedicated officers from entering room 111 and 112 was the on-scene commander who decided to place the lives of officers before the lives of children,” Mr McCraw said.

If you have a story you want to tell, send it to UNILAD via [email protected]  

Featured Image Credit: KVUE

Topics: Texas, US News, Crime

Anish Vij
Anish Vij

Anish is a Journalist at LADbible Group and is a GG2 Young Journalist of the Year 2024 finalist. He has a Master's degree in Multimedia Journalism and a Bachelor's degree in International Business Management. Apart from that, his life revolves around the ‘Four F’s’ - family, friends, football and food. Email: [email protected]

X

@Anish_Vij

Advert

Advert

Advert

  • Crime scene cleaner reveals part of the job that 'haunts' her the most
  • Witnesses describe horror after Ukrainian refugee stabbed on Charlotte train in newly released 911 phone calls
  • Man shot and killed by federal agent in Minneapolis amid protests after Renee Good ICE shooting
  • Disturbing meaning behind Deadpool killer's face tattoos as pictures show what he looked like before

Choose your content:

4 hours ago
5 hours ago
  • Harry Langer/DeFodi Images via Getty Images
    4 hours ago

    Olympic medalist Fred Kerley among 40 Enhanced Games athletes competing for $25 million prize pot

    The first ever Enhanced Games is taking place in Las Vegas and will run over Memorial Day weekend

    News
  • Texas Civil Rights Project
    4 hours ago

    Deported mom of US citizen child with rare brain tumor denied return for specialist treatment

    The parents were detained in February 2025 as they were on their way to the hospital

    News
  • George Rose/Getty Images
    5 hours ago

    Michigan man wins $1m on the lottery after 'fortune telling machine' gives him the numbers

    A Zoltar machine gave 56-year-old Stephen Huesgen the winning numbers

    News
  • (Picture: Leukaemia UK / SWNS)
    5 hours ago

    Woman, 19, thought she had a cold but it was actually a deadly form of cancer

    Ayley 'knew something wasn't right' when she fainted during an exam

    News