• News
  • Film and TV
  • Music
  • Tech
  • Features
  • Celebrity
  • Politics
  • Weird
  • Community
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content
Trump hits out at Bad Bunny after he's chosen as halftime show act for Super Bowl

Home> News> US News

Updated 08:18 10 Oct 2025 GMT+1Published 11:10 7 Oct 2025 GMT+1

Trump hits out at Bad Bunny after he's chosen as halftime show act for Super Bowl

The president apparently isn't happy about the decision

Liv Bridge

Liv Bridge

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover
Featured Image Credit: Saturday Night Live

Topics: Donald Trump, Immigration, Music, NFL, Politics, Super Bowl, US News, Bad Bunny

Liv Bridge
Liv Bridge

Liv Bridge is a digital journalist who joined the UNILAD team in 2024 after almost three years reporting local news for a Newsquest UK paper, The Oldham Times. She's passionate about health, housing, food and music, especially Oasis...

X

@livbridge

Advert

Advert

Advert

Donald Trump apparently isn't impressed with the choice for the halftime show at next year's Super Bowl.

The highly coveted performance has seen dozens of the world's most famous faces take to the stage during the annual championship game of the NFL, from Lady Gaga and Beyonce, to Rihanna and Kendrick Lamar and many, many more.

Millions tune in every year to watch the game and to soak up the entertainment, making it one of the most widely watched sporting events worldwide.

While anticipation has been building over who will appear at the show at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, California, in February next year, the NFL has since confirmed Puerto Rican artist Bad Bunny has been booked for the major event.

Advert

However, the choice has rustled some feathers in the White House, most notably President Donald Trump, who deemed the choice 'crazy'.

Bad Bunny has been booked for next year's Super Bowl halftime show (Cindy Ord/Getty Images for FLC)
Bad Bunny has been booked for next year's Super Bowl halftime show (Cindy Ord/Getty Images for FLC)

Speaking to Newsmax, Trump stated he was unfamiliar with the 31-year-old dubbed by some as the 'King of Latin Trap', despite the musician's open dislike for Trump's policies, particularly his aggressive immigration crackdown.

"I never heard of him, I don't know who he is, I don't know why they're doing it, it's like, crazy," the president said.

Trump said he thought NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell was blaming the decision 'on some promoter they hired,' adding: "I think it's absolutely ridiculous."

The rapper, who shot to fame for his feature on Cardi B's hit single 'I Like It', was born Benito Antonio Martínez in Vega Baja, Puerto Rico, and has earned his stripes as one of the best Latin performers of all time.

Hosting Saturday Night Live on October 4, Bad Bunny addressed his critics with a tongue-in-cheek jibe in his opening monologue, stating 'everyone is happy about it - even Fox News'.

Trump claims he doesn't even know who Bad Bunny is (Tasos Katopodis/Getty Images)
Trump claims he doesn't even know who Bad Bunny is (Tasos Katopodis/Getty Images)

An obviously edited clip then played, which mashed together comments from anchors so the full sentence went: "Bad Bunny is my favorite musician and he should be the next president."

The rapper then thanked Latinos and Latinas of the world and the US, adding: "Our footprints and our contribution in this country, no one will ever be able to take that away or erase it."

His big Super Bowl debut comes as the Happy Gilmore 2 actor previously ruled out touring the US due to Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

"There were many reasons why I didn't show up in the US, and none of them were out of hate - I've performed there many times," he said in an interview with Variety, adding that all of his shows have been 'magnificent' on US soil.

However, he said American citizens 'could come' to Puerto Rico to see his shows, whereas there would be 'the issue' of 'f**king ICE' outside his concerts in the states.

The rapper is looking forward to performing at the Super Bowl (Gladys Vega/Getty Images)
The rapper is looking forward to performing at the Super Bowl (Gladys Vega/Getty Images)

"It's something that we were talking about and very concerned about," he added.

Confirming his fears, Trump advisor Corey Lewandowski said ICE agents would be stationed at the big game.

"There is nowhere you can provide safe haven to people who are in this country illegally. Not the Super Bowl and no where else. We will find and deport you," he said.

"I don't care if it's a concert for Johnny Smith or Bad Bunny or anybody else. We're going to do enforcement everywhere."

Lewandowski also slammed the decision for the rapper to perform, stating: "It’s so shameful they picked someone who seems to hate America."

  • Trump slams Bad Bunny's halftime Super Bowl performance with brutal message
  • Bad Bunny shares huge hint about what people should expect during Super Bowl halftime show
  • What Bad Bunny handed to little boy during Super Bowl halftime show as fans praise gesture
  • Karoline Leavitt trolled after people spot clue she's a 'secret' Bad Bunny fan despite president's remarks on halftime Super Bowl performance

Choose your content:

20 mins ago
28 mins ago
an hour ago
2 hours ago
  • Mark Makela/Getty Images
    20 mins ago

    Alex Honnold responds to rumors he was paid $500,000 by Netflix to risk his life climbing 1667ft skyscraper

    Alex Honnold risked his life to scale the building in an impressive time

    News
  • YouTube/The View
    28 mins ago

    Whoopi Goldberg defends Epstein files mention again after responding to claims she dated him

    Whoopi addressed the allegations once again during a recent episode of The View

    News
  • Getty Images/NBC
    an hour ago

    Eric Dane made heartbreaking final post before he died from ALS aged 53

    The Grey's Anatomy actor had a final message that he shared in the final months of his battle with the disease

    Celebrity
  • Dave Benett/Getty Images for Breitling
    2 hours ago

    Twin brother reveals how he lost 11lbs in 3 months while sibling gained weight despite eating same amount of calories

    Hugo and Ross Turner have shared the results of one of their latest studies with UNILAD

    News