unilad homepage
unilad homepage
  • News
    • UK News
    • US News
    • World News
    • Crime
    • Health
    • Money
    • Sport
    • Travel
  • Music
  • Technology
  • Film and TV
    • News
    • DC Comics
    • Disney
    • Marvel
    • Netflix
  • Celebrity
  • Politics
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content
Bad Bunny hit out at ICE raids days before Super Bowl halftime show announcement
Home>Celebrity>News
Updated 10:04 12 Jan 2026 GMTPublished 15:38 29 Sep 2025 GMT+1

Bad Bunny hit out at ICE raids days before Super Bowl halftime show announcement

The Puerto Rican rapper previously shared his concerns over touring the US

Ellie Kemp

Ellie Kemp

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover
Featured Image Credit: Paras Griffin/Getty Images

Topics: Donald Trump, Immigration, Music, Super Bowl, US News, Bad Bunny

Ellie Kemp
Ellie Kemp

Ellie joined UNILAD in 2024, specialising in SEO and trending content. She moved from Reach PLC where she worked as a senior journalist at the UK’s largest regional news title, the Manchester Evening News. She also covered TV and entertainment for national brands including the Mirror, Star and Express. In her spare time, Ellie enjoys watching true crime documentaries and curating the perfect Spotify playlist.

X

@EllieKempOnline

Advert

Advert

Advert

Puerto Rican rapper Bad Bunny has admitted to being so 'concerned' about ICE raids that he won't include the US on his upcoming tour, but has now made one big exception.

The 31-year-old has been confirmed to headline next year's Super Bowl halftime show on February 8 2026 at the Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, California.

Previous headliners have included Kendrick Lamar, Usher, Rihanna and The Weeknd. Now, Bad Bunny - real name Benito Antonio Martínez Ocasio - is among those gracing one of the most-watched sporting events in the world.

Back in 2022, he became the first artist to have an all-Spanish album - Un Verano Sin Ti - hit number one on the US Billboard chart.

Advert

He's also a three-time Grammy winner and ranked as the third most-streamed artist globally in 2024.

Music mogul Jay-Z, whose company Roc Nation produces the iconic half-time show, said what Bad Bunny has 'done and continues to do for Puerto Rico is truly inspiring,' adding: "We are honoured to have him on the world's biggest stage."

Bad Bunny is joining the Super Bowl half-time hall of fame (Jason Koerner/Getty Images)
Bad Bunny is joining the Super Bowl half-time hall of fame (Jason Koerner/Getty Images)

Despite his international success, Bad Bunny has skipped the US on his upcoming, 57-date Debí Tirar Más Fotos World Tour, which kicks off on November 21, 2025 in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.

He visits Latin America, then Asia and Oceania, before a final stint across Europe with the tour concluded in Brussels, Belgium at the King Baudouin Stadium on July 22, 2026.

But there are no US tour dates in his jam-packed schedule.

Bad Bunny previously told i-D magazine that he feared that ICE officers would raid the stadiums he was performing at.

"There were many reasons why I didn't show up in the US, and none of them were out of hate - I've performed there many times," he explained.

"People from the US could come here to see the show. Latinos and Puerto Ricans of the United States could also travel here, or to any part of the world.

"But there was the issue of - that, like, f**king ICE could be outside [my concert venue]. And it’s something that we were talking about and very concerned about."

And it wasn't the first time he spoke out about ICE operations, which have ramped up under president Donald Trump.

ICE raids have intensified since Donald Trump returned to office (David Dee Delgado/Getty Images)
ICE raids have intensified since Donald Trump returned to office (David Dee Delgado/Getty Images)

Back in June, the singer took to Instagram to criticize agents in Puerto Rico for not 'leaving these people working here alone'.

And on Tuesday (September 23), the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) confirmed that two million 'illegal aliens' have been 'removed or have self-deported' since Trump's inauguration on January 20.

Among them, more than 400,000 have been deported and 1.6 million have 'self-deported,' as per the DHS.

Almost 600,000 'illegal aliens' are set to have been deported by the end of Trump's first year back in office, which, if realized, would be the highest annual deportation total in recent US history.

ICE deported 271,484 people in the fiscal year ending September 30; nearly double the prior year.

It was the agency’s highest tally since 2014, when 315,943 people were removed.

Choose your content:

5 hours ago
6 hours ago
12 hours ago
21 hours ago
  • (Photo by Vianney Le Caer/Dave Benett/Getty Images for The Ivors)
    5 hours ago

    Harry Styles says he lost his virginity during the intro to a Radiohead song and it’s only 10 seconds long

    The former One Direction star made his admission to a room full of people

    Celebrity
  • James Gilbert/Getty Images
    6 hours ago

    Kyle Busch shared heartbreaking last words after his final NASCAR victory before sudden death

    The two-time NASCAR Cup Series champion died aged 41 after a 'severe illness'

    Celebrity
  • Jonathan Bachman/Getty Images
    12 hours ago

    NASCAR legend Kyle Busch dead at 41 after ‘severe illness’

    The heartbreaking news came just hours after his family had confirmed he had been hospitalized

    Celebrity
  •  Kevin Winter/Getty Images
    21 hours ago

    Chelsea Handler slams Tony Hinchcliffe and Shane Gillis for making 'racist' jokes that should never be made

    The Roast of Kevin Hart continues to make headlines for a series of controversial jokes

    Celebrity
  • Trump hits out at Bad Bunny after he's chosen as halftime show act for Super Bowl
  • What Bad Bunny handed to little boy during Super Bowl halftime show as fans praise gesture
  • Bad Bunny shares huge hint about what people should expect during Super Bowl halftime show
  • Karoline Leavitt trolled after people spot clue she's a 'secret' Bad Bunny fan despite president's remarks on halftime Super Bowl performance