unilad homepage
unilad homepage
  • News
    • UK News
    • US News
    • World News
    • Crime
    • Health
    • Money
    • Sport
    • Travel
  • Music
  • Technology
  • Film and TV
    • News
    • DC Comics
    • Disney
    • Marvel
    • Netflix
  • Celebrity
  • Politics
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content
Deadpool 3 to start production again following end of actors strike
Home>Film & TV
Updated 13:12 22 Jul 2024 GMT+1Published 10:03 9 Nov 2023 GMT

Deadpool 3 to start production again following end of actors strike

The end of the screen actors guild strike means that Deadpool 3 can restart production following a halt in July.

Gerrard Kaonga

Gerrard Kaonga

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover
Featured Image Credit: Disney / Marvel

Topics: Deadpool, Film and TV, Deadpool and Wolverine, Ryan Reynolds, Hugh Jackman, Marvel, Marvel Cinematic Universe

Gerrard Kaonga
Gerrard Kaonga

Gerrard is a Journalist at UNILAD and has dived headfirst into covering everything from breaking global stories to trending entertainment news. He has a bachelors in English Literature from Brunel University and has written across a number of different national and international publications. Most notably the Financial Times, Daily Express, Evening Standard and Newsweek.

Advert

Advert

Advert

MCU fans may be the most overjoyed at the end of the Screen Actors Guild (SAG) strike as it means Deadpool 3 can restart production.

It has already been five years since Reynold’s broke the fourth wall as the Merc with a Mouth in the well-received Deadpool 2.

With the third film, it will finally bring the character into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, following Disney’s acquisition of 20th Century Fox.

While filming had started earlier this year, the Ryan Reynolds-led film production was halted in mid-July after SAG joined the Hollywood writers already on strike.

Advert

However, on Wednesday (November 8) the SAG-AFTRA union and the Alliance of Motion Picture and TV Producers (AMPTP) announced that it had reached a ‘tentative agreement’ with the world's biggest studios, with the strike to coming to a close on 9 November.

The strike brought Hollywood to a standstill and estimated to have cost the southern California economy more than $6.5 billion and over 45,000 entertainment industry jobs, according to Deadline.

The strikes also caused a knock-on effect in industry, resulting in multiple shows and movies facing scheduling delays.

While filming had started earlier this year, the Ryan Reynolds-led film production was halted in mid-July.
Twentieth Century Fox

In the new deal, the concerns surrounding the use of artificial intelligence have been addressed, as actors fears they could be replaced of have their images used by studios.

In their statement, the union said: "We have arrived at a contract that will enable SAG-AFTRA members from every category to build sustainable careers.

"Many thousands of performers now and into the future will benefit from this work."

The Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers (AMPTP) also said: "It gives Sag-Aftra the biggest contract-on-contract gains in the history of the union, including the largest increase in minimum wages in the last 40 years; a brand new residual for streaming programmes; extensive consent and compensation protections in the use of artificial intelligence; and sizeable contract increases on items across the board.

Ryan Reynolds in Deadpool 2.
Twentieth Century Fox

"The AMPTP is pleased to have reached a tentative agreement and looks forward to the industry resuming the work of telling great stories."

Before production shutdown, Deadpool 3 had reportedly shot around 50 percent of its content and will resume early this week 'or in very near future' according to a report by Deadline.

However, Disney or Marvel Studios have not officially commented on the situation.

Deadpool 3 was initially scheduled to be release on 4 May 2024 before being pushed to 26 July, Deadline reports.

Choose your content:

a minute ago
17 hours ago
20 hours ago
a day ago
  • (Photo by Chris Haston/NBCU Photo Bank/NBCUniversal via Getty Images via Getty Images)
    a minute ago

    Secret '10-1' code actors use to make awkward request while on set

    Trixie Mattel, a RuPaul's Drag Race contestant, revealed all about what it takes to be a star

    Film & TV
  • Theo Wargo/Getty Images
    17 hours ago

    Tom Hardy allegedly fired from MobLand after clashing with producers

    It's reported that Hardy was 'late' to set numerous times, among other issues with producers

    Film & TV
  • Laurent KOFFEL/Gamma-Rapho via Getty Images
    20 hours ago

    Once Upon a Time in Hollywood actor recalls tense moment Quentin Tarantino threatened Brad Pitt on set

    Bruce Dern described Quentin Tarantino's face as looking 'insanely grave' in the intense exchange

    Film & TV
  • Scott Kowalchyk/CBS via Getty Images
    a day ago

    Stephen Colbert’s net worth compared to his last-night host rivals – including Jimmy Fallon

    Stephen Colbert ended his 11-year run on The Late Show last night (May 21) following the program's controversial cancellation

    Film & TV
  • Ryan Reynolds isn't legally allowed to improvise in Deadpool 3
  • Deadpool 3 director insists the sequel is ‘very much R-rated’
  • Fans have spotted one major issue with Wolverine's new suit in Deadpool 3
  • Deadpool 3 brings back Negasonic Teenage Warhead and Yukio