unilad homepage
unilad homepage
  • News
    • UK News
    • US News
    • World News
    • Crime
    • Health
    • Money
    • Sport
    • Travel
  • Music
  • Technology
  • Film and TV
    • News
    • DC Comics
    • Disney
    • Marvel
    • Netflix
  • Celebrity
  • Politics
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content
DaBaby says he 'lost $100 million' from his homophobic and misogynistic remarks last year
Home>Celebrity
Published 23:40 31 Oct 2022 GMT

DaBaby says he 'lost $100 million' from his homophobic and misogynistic remarks last year

The rapper was planning to buy a private jet with the money but he reckons 'God didn’t want [him] to have [his] plane yet'.

Rachel Lang

Rachel Lang

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover
Featured Image Credit: UPI / Alamy. MediaPunch Inc / Alamy.

Topics: Rap, DaBaby, US News, Music

Rachel Lang
Rachel Lang

Advert

Advert

Advert

American Rapper DaBaby has revealed the staggering amount of money he lost in the wake of his homophobic and misogynistic comments at a Miami music festival last year.

DaBaby performed at Rolling Loud Music Festival in July 2021 and let loose some pretty wild comments.

"If you didn’t show up today with HIV, AIDS, or any of them deadly sexually transmitted diseases that’ll make you die in two to three weeks, then put your cellphone lighter up,” he told the festival crowd, as per Billboard.

"Ladies, if your p***y smell like water, put your cell phone lighter up."

He added: "Fellas, if you ain’t sucking d**k in the parking lot, put your cell phone lighter up."

Advert

As you can imagine, people weren't impressed.

Now, in an interview with US radio station Hot 97, he reflected on his comments and the carnage he caused by running his mouth.

“I’m not into all the conspiracy theories, this and that, until you see it really cost a n****r USD$100 million (AUD$156 million, £55.8 million) within a year’s span,” he told the Ebro in the Morning show, according to Rap Up.

In another radio interview on Real 92.3, the rapper claimed that he had lost up to $30 million (AUD$46.7 million, £16.7 million) over his controversial comments.

Da Baby performs during Rolling Loud Music Festival held at Hard Rock Stadium on July 25, 2021 in Miami Gardens, Florida.
Mpi04/Media Punch/Alamy.

"I had USD$30 million worth of shows on the schedule before December 31."

So, it's unclear really how much he actually lost.

In the wake of the controversy DaBaby was dropped from several major festivals including Lollapalooza, iHeartRadio Music Festival, Austin City Limits, and more.

The rap star also shot down claims that his comments were designed to 'antagonise' Megan Thee Stallion, who had performed prior to him.

"I could care less," DaBaby told Ebro in the Morning, as per Rap Up.

The rap star also revealed that he had planned to take the millions he had lost and buy a private jet, but it seems the powers that be - and probably the environment - weren't down for that.

He said: "God didn’t want me to have my plane yet."

Anybody who done ever been effected by AIDS/HIV y’all got the right to be upset, what I said was insensitive even though I have no intentions on offending anybody. So my apologies 🙏🏾

But the LGBT community... I ain’t trippin on y’all, do you. y’all business is y’all business.

— DaBaby (@DaBabyDaBaby) July 27, 2021

I tell fans to put a cellphone light in the air y’all start a million man March.✊🏾

I told you y’all digested that wrong 🤷🏾‍♂️but I ain’t gone lie I’m impressed.

Now show this same amount of support when a racist cop kill one of our black ass…YA NOT 😂

— DaBaby (@DaBabyDaBaby) July 27, 2021

DaBaby did end up apologising for his comments at the Miami festival in the wake of the fallout.

Well, sort of.

"Anybody who has (sic) ever been effected (sic) by AIDS/HIV y’all got the right to be upset, what I said was insensitive even though I have no intentions on offending anybody. So my apologies," he said on Twitter.

He added in another tweet: "I told you, y’all digested that wrong."

Choose your content:

2 hours ago
a day ago
  • Lions Bay Search and Rescue via Facebook
    2 hours ago

    Friend of actor Stewart McLean 'knew there was big trouble' before death aged 45

    Stewart McLean's death has left his friend questioning how someone 'got the drop' on the TV actor

    Celebrity
  • (Photo by Jonathan Bachman/Getty Images)
    a day ago

    Kyle Busch’s 11-year-old son Brexton shares emotional tribute after NASCAR star’s death

    Brexton's tribute comes days after the family's heartbreaking statement

    Celebrity
  • (Photo by PATRICK T. FALLON / AFP via Getty Images)
    a day ago

    Timothée Chalamet’s mom reveals what his ‘Lil Timmy Tim’ high school era was really like

    The star was a 'rap artist' before achieving global fame as an actor

    Celebrity
  • (Photo by JC Olivera/Variety via Getty Images)
    a day ago

    Scarlett Johansson reveals how there is always a ‘deficit’ in life despite Hollywood success

    The Marvel star says she had to learn to be 'more kind' to herself over the years

    Celebrity
    Live
  • Mom of Lost Boys star Corey Haim hits out at Corey Feldman's claim he was 'molested’ by her son on set
  • Every US state where child marriage is still legal after people learn about disturbing union between man, 22, and his 9-year-old wife
  • Andrew told Epstein he wanted to be his 'pet' in newly unearthed email
  • Actor Mackenzie Phillips' family’s reaction to admission of alleged 10-year incestuous relationship with her father