Panic! At The Disco suffer literal panic at the disco as fire breaks out during concert
| Last updated
Featured Image Credit: @purplecoati/Twitter/Fueled By Ramen/YouTube
A fire erupted on stage at a Panic! At The Disco concert, resulting in the band well and truly living up to its name.
Yes, we went there. A significant amount of panic likely occurred at St. Paul’s Xcel Energy Center in Minnesota on Wednesday, 14 September, when a fire broke out on stage.
Panic! at the Disco were appearing as part of their 'Viva Las Vengeance' tour 2022 and 2023.
Videos from the concert have since been widespread online, with fans poking fun at the irony of such panic having broken out in light of the band's name.
A video posted to YouTube shows the fire breaking out on the right hand of the stage.
The cameraman - or at least someone close by - can be heard shouting, 'Fire'.
According to one social media user (@purplecoati) and 'avid' concert goer, named Rust, the onstage blaze was caused by the pyro machine.
Fortunately, other members of the team were quick to grab a fire extinguisher and put the blaze out, the music remaining interrupted. As they say, the show must go on.
While those onstage seemed unfazed by the incident, another voice can be heard on the YouTube recording resolving: "That was scary."
However, the panic was soon over as the next track began to play, the voice off-camera now whooping out a, 'Yeah' in excitement - the crisis having been swiftly averted.
For fans whose concern rose above their itching to poke fun at the irony of such an incident occurring when it did, one user confirmed that the band had been 'well prepared with fire extinguishers' and so 'no one got hurt' but everyone was 'a little freaked out'.
"My son and my daughter were both there. My son is an engineer who did his masters work on crowd safety, so you bet he was prepared. They both got out fine," the user reassured.
Another user couldn't help themselves: "So I'm guessing there was a certain amount of panic at the disco."
But they ultimately resolved: "Glad everyone is safe."
The stage caught fire at the Saint Paul Panic at the Disco concert tonight. pic.twitter.com/s48zajOpim— BarbaraJMay3 🇺🇦 (@StPaulgirl3) September 15, 2022
My son and my daughter were both there. My son is an engineer who did his masters work on crowd safety, so you bet he was prepared. They both got out fine. They said the band was well prepared with fire extinguishers. No— BarbaraJMay3 🇺🇦 (@StPaulgirl3) September 15, 2022
Excellent. 10 points.— BarbaraJMay3 🇺🇦 (@StPaulgirl3) September 15, 2022
Panic! At The Disco are next set to play at Fiserv Forum in Milwaukee on Friday, 16 September.
After five more concert dates in the US, the band will then travel to Canada with their first performance taking place at Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, before returning to the US, then going to Europe and finally hitting stages in the UK.
UNILAD has contacted Panic! At The Disco for comment.
If you have a story you want to tell, send it to UNILAD via [email protected]
Topics: News, US News, Music, Social Media, Viral