To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

Teen and mother used fake names to trick police into thinking he was missing

Teen and mother used fake names to trick police into thinking he was missing

The disappearance is not what it initially seemed

Police have confirmed that the man who was reported missing for eight years used fake names to evade being found.

Rudy Farias was believed to have gone missing a decade ago, but doubts have now arisen about where he actually was.

Speaking at a press conference, Lt Zamora of Houston Police Department said: "Rudy was recently identified as previously having HPD interactions, meaning that he made contact with patrol officers out on the street.

"However during these contacts fictitious names and date of births were given misleading officers and Rudy would remain missing.

"In fact Rudy and his monther gave fictiotious names when talking to officers."

Initial allegations made by a community activist that Farias was sexually abused by his mother are currently unfounded, according to the police's investigation.

Rudy Farias was reported missing in 2015.

Lt Zamora said: "Currently the DA have declined any charges.

"We've connected Rudy with victim services.

"Based on Rudy's interviews, there were no reports of sexual abuse.

"Currently the investigation is active and leads are coming in.

"We take all allegations seriously."

Fielding questions about the sexual abuse allegations, Chief Flinner said: "Our investigation is our investigation.

"What they heard, we attest to.

"There was no statements made [of sexual abuse] in this investigation so far."

Houston TV network ABC-KTRK reported that neighbor Kisha Ross and her family were shocked to see that 25-year-old Rudy Farias was believed to have gone missing almost a decade ago.

Ms Ross claims that he has seen the man on numerous occasions.

"He used to come in my garage, chill with my cousin, son, and daughter," Ms Ross told the news outlet.


Records show that Farias' mother lived on the same street at Ms Ross in northeast Houston, Texas.

"That boy has never been missing," the neighbor said.

She added that sometimes he ‘would go to the park by himself’.

Activist Quanell X claims that Farias told him that he was being drugged and sexually abused by his mother.

He claimed that Farias had run away in 2015 while walking the dogs at 17 but returned two days later.

Farias reportedly told Quanell that his mother threatened that he would get into trouble with police if he said anything, adding that his mother wouldn’t let him leave his home.

When asked why he didn’t leave, Farias reportedly said that his mother would give him drugs, and he was too fearful to go to the authorities.

Farias was found by police outside a church with bruises and cuts all over his body and blood in his hair.

He was unresponsive at the time and taken to the hospital.

His family released a statement through the Texas Centre for the Missing which read: "What we do know is at the time of his recovery, a good Samaritan located him unresponsive and immediately called police and 911.

"My son Rudy is receiving the care he needs to overcome his trauma, but at this time, he is nonverbal and not able to communicate with us."

Featured Image Credit: Facebook/Texas Center for the Missing. ABC/ABC-KTRK-TV

Topics: Texas