| Last updated
An anonymous donor has offered to pay for the funeral costs of all 21 people who were killed during the recent school shooting in Texas.
18-year-old Salvador Ramos is said to have killed 19 children and two adults after entering Robb Elementary School in Uvalde and opening fire on students and teachers on 24 May.
Governor Greg Abbott has since announced that an anonymous donor has offered up $175,000 (£138,569) to pay for the funeral costs of all of the victims.
The 64-year-old wouldn't reveal the identity of the donor, however, some believe it could be a tycoon who lives in Austin.
At a press conference on Friday, 27 May, Abbott said: "An anonymous donor who attended the meeting and provided $175,000 (£138,569) to ensure that every cost of every family concerning anything about funeral services is going to be taken care of.
"No family who is suffering from incalculable heartbreak at this time will have to worry about a single cost with regard to anything concerning this travesty."
Abbott also said the state would be providing 'mental health assistance to anyone in the community who needs it', free of charge.
"When I say anyone that means the totality of anybody who lives in this community. We believe you would benefit from mental healthcare services. We just want you to ask for them. The entire community has been effected by this horrific crime."
He also told reporters that he was 'misled' and is 'livid' with regards to the response to the shooting, MailOnline reports.
Abbott added: "I am livid about what happened.
"I was on this very stage two days ago, and I was telling the public information that had been told to me in a room just a few yards from where we are write now. I wrote hand notes in sequential order.
"When I came out on that stage and told the public what happened, it was a recitation of what everyone told me.
"As everybody has learned, the information I was given turned out – in part – to be inaccurate.
"I am absolutely livid about that."
The governor has previously praised law enforcement for their 'amazing courage by running toward gunfire' and their 'quick response'.
It comes as Texas Department of Public Safety director Steven McCraw said at a news conference that the on-site commander made the 'wrong decision' during the attack.
Speaking of the gunman Ramos, Mr McCraw said 'he was convinced at the time that there was no more threat to the children and that the subject was barricaded and that they had time to organise' to get into the classroom.
If you have a story you want to tell, send it to UNILAD via [email protected]
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read