unilad homepage
unilad homepage
  • News
    • UK News
    • US News
    • World News
    • Crime
    • Health
    • Money
    • Sport
    • Travel
  • Music
  • Technology
  • Film and TV
    • News
    • DC Comics
    • Disney
    • Marvel
    • Netflix
  • Celebrity
  • Politics
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content
Woman who accused Russell Brand of rape in LA home says he sent 'I'm sorry' text afterwards
Home>Celebrity>News
Updated 10:17 18 Sep 2023 GMT+1Published 11:38 17 Sep 2023 GMT+1

Woman who accused Russell Brand of rape in LA home says he sent 'I'm sorry' text afterwards

The woman alleged that Brand had a 'glazed look' in his eyes as he raped her

Kit Roberts

Kit Roberts

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover
Featured Image Credit: Channel 4 / X/@rustyrockets

Topics: Celebrity, Crime, News, UK News, US News, Russell Brand

Kit Roberts
Kit Roberts

Kit joined UNILAD in 2023 as a community journalist. They have previously worked for StokeonTrentLive, the Daily Mirror, and the Daily Star.

Advert

Advert

Advert

Warning: Article contains subjects of rape and sexual assault

One of the women who has accused comedian Russell Brand of raping her claimed that he sent her a text message apologising for the alleged attack the following day.

The woman, who used the pseudonym 'Nadia' in an investigation by The Times, Sunday Times, and Channel 4's Dispatches, said that the British TV personality had invited her to his home in Los Angeles.

The investigation, which aired on British TV last night (16 September), came shortly after Brand posted a video on his YouTube channel strongly denying the allegations made against him, as well as insisting his relationships have all been consensual.

Advert

Nadia - who was portrayed by an actor in the Channel 4 documentary - explained how she had previously had consensual sex with Brand in June 2012, and said that she was unsettled by how he had 'glazed over' during sex.

On 1 July of that year, she said she had gone to his house after he had pleaded for her to come over.

When she arrived she claims that Brand was naked, which she said left her 'taken aback'.

Brand then allegedly said that he had a 'friend' in his bedroom, to which Nadia said: "I’m like, no, that’s not happening, I don’t care, that’s not happening, we’re not doing that."

Brand then allegedly had her against a wall, kissing her.

Brand has denied the allegations.
Lester Cohen/Getty Images for The Recording Academy

She said: “I tried to get away from him and I slipped away from the wall. And then I went to another wall that had a painting on it. A huge painting.

"And my bag got actually stuck underneath that, and it’s still on my arm. And at this point he’s grabbing at my underwear, pulling it to the side.”

She continued: “I’m stuck underneath the painting and he’s pushing up against me,” she says. “He’s a lot taller than me. And he has that glazed look in his eye again. And I can’t move. And I told him, ‘Get off, get off'.”

After Brand was finished, Nadia claimed that he blocked the door: “He’s like, ‘Are you OK?’ I’m like, ‘No I’m not OK, you need to get away from me'. And he’s like, ‘Let’s calm down'.”

Nadia said that she then rushed out from the house and drove away.

The investigation was published by The Times.
SMXRF/Star Max/GC Images

The woman then claimed that Brand sent her a text message at 3.29am, reading: “I’m sorry. That was crazy and selfish. I hope you can forgive me, I know that you’re a lovely person. X.”

She replied saying: “Do you know how scary [you are] when that glaze look comes over. When a girl say[s] NO it means no. Do I have to go and get myself tested?”

Brand then allegedly said: “You don’t need to get tested. I will make this up to you somehow with live [sic] and kindness. Not my original idea which was more sex. You’ve been lovely to me and I’m embarrassed by my behaviour. Sorry. X.”

The phone number that Brand's messages were sent from was confirmed to be his by multiple sources, according to the investigation by The Times.

UNILAD has reached out to Russell Brand for comment.

Choose your content:

3 hours ago
4 hours ago
11 hours ago
12 hours ago
  • FREDERIC J. BROWN/AFP via Getty Images
    3 hours ago

    Kim Kardashian shares her ‘pill fatigue’ after admitting she takes 35 supplements a day

    The SKIMS founder has been getting serious about her health in recent years but one thing keeps setting her back

    Celebrity
  • Disney/Michael Le Brecht II / Getty Images
    4 hours ago

    Jimmy Kimmel roasts White House suggestion that Trump could be next James Bond

    The White House posted an image of Trump as the iconic secret agent on May 16

    Celebrity
  • Instagram/lindsiechrisley
    11 hours ago

    Todd Chrisley's daughter Lindsie explains why she's planning to remain celibate for 365 days

    The admission comes just one month after her ex-boyfriend's arrest

    Celebrity
  • Nathan Congleton/NBC via Getty Images)
    12 hours ago

    Hayden Panettiere claims 'Oscar winning' actor exposed himself to her at LA party when she was a teen

    The actor made the shock claim in her new memoir, This Is Me: A Reckoning

    Celebrity
  • Russell Brand bragged about 'snogging' Meghan Markle in movie before she met Prince Harry
  • Katy Perry hinted she found out 'the real truth' about Russell Brand after divorcing him
  • Woman suing after her rape case was dropped over sexsomnia claims