unilad homepage
unilad homepage
  • News
    • UK News
    • US News
    • World News
    • Crime
    • Health
    • Money
    • Sport
    • Travel
  • Music
  • Technology
  • Film and TV
    • News
    • DC Comics
    • Disney
    • Marvel
    • Netflix
  • Celebrity
  • Politics
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content
Gary Busey asked detectives to talk victims out of pursuing complaints, court documents state
Home>Celebrity
Updated 07:49 24 Aug 2022 GMT+1Published 07:44 24 Aug 2022 GMT+1

Gary Busey asked detectives to talk victims out of pursuing complaints, court documents state

The 78-year-old actor was charged on Friday (19 August) with sex crimes in relation to incidents at horror movie convention Monster-Mania.

Lisa McLoughlin

Lisa McLoughlin

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover
Featured Image Credit: Credit: ZUMA Press, Inc. / WENN Rights Ltd / Alamy

Topics: Celebrity, US News

Lisa McLoughlin
Lisa McLoughlin

Advert

Advert

Advert

Gary Busey asked detectives to talk victims out of pursuing complaints, according to a probable cause affidavit.

The 78-year-old actor was charged on Friday (19 August) with sex crimes in relation to incidents at horror movie convention Monster-Mania held at the Doubletree Hotel in New Jersey.

Now an affidavit, obtained by CNN, states that Cherry Hill police detectives were called to the hotel on August 13 where two victims 'reported being sexually assaulted by the same actor', identified as Busey.

"They reported they were in a photoshoot area during the Monster Mania event and were having their picture taken with the defendant. During the photoshoot, the defendant placed his face near one of the victim’s breasts and asked her where she got them, before attempting to unlatch her bra strap," it states.

Advert

The actor now faces charges.
Alamy

While the other woman claimed he grabbed her rear during a photo shoot. The following day, August 14, a man reported that his daughter had been sexually assaulted by the star, and that he had grabbed her buttocks also during a photoshoot, according to the affidavit.

According to the document, Busey initially denied 'groping anyone' before asking local authorities to talk the victims out of pursing their complaints.

The affidavit reads: "Before asking detectives to apologize to the victims, then asking detectives to talk the victims out of pursuing complaints, as well as claiming that sometimes it is possible to accidentally touch someone in a specific body part.”

In light of the claims, Busey denied allegations of sexual misconduct to TMZ when they spoke with the actor at a Malibu gas station on Monday (22 August).

He said he was 'not inappropriate at all', and that he has eyewitnesses, adding: "None of that happened. Nothing happened. Nothing. It was all false."

Alamy

The actor is facing two counts of criminal sexual contact in the fourth degree, one count of attempted criminal sexual contact in the fourth degree and a further count of harassment.

Fourth degree criminal sexual contact carries a prison sentence of up to 18 months behind bars.

Cherry Hill police department confirmed earlier this week that they had charged Busey with a number of crimes at the convention.

In a statement, they said: "A California man is facing sexual offence charges stemming from incidents occurring at the annual Monster-Mania Convention hosted by the Doubletree Hotel in Cherry Hill, New Jersey.

"During the weekend of the event, 12-14 August 2022, Cherry Hill Police responded to the Doubletree Hotel, 2349 West Route 70, for the report of a sex offence."

"On 19 August 2022 as a result of the investigation, Cherry Hill police detectives charged Gary Busey, 78, of Malibu, California."

UNILAD has contacted Gary Busey's reps for comment.

Choose your content:

3 hours ago
4 hours ago
10 hours ago
19 hours ago
  • (Photo by Vianney Le Caer/Dave Benett/Getty Images for The Ivors)
    3 hours ago

    Harry Styles says he lost his virginity during the intro to a Radiohead song and it’s only 10 seconds long

    The former One Direction star made his admission to a room full of people

    Celebrity
  • James Gilbert/Getty Images
    4 hours ago

    Kyle Busch shared heartbreaking last words after his final NASCAR victory before sudden death

    The two-time NASCAR Cup Series champion died aged 41 after a 'severe illness'

    Celebrity
  • Jonathan Bachman/Getty Images
    10 hours ago

    NASCAR legend Kyle Busch dead at 41 after ‘severe illness’

    The heartbreaking news came just hours after his family had confirmed he had been hospitalized

    Celebrity
  •  Kevin Winter/Getty Images
    19 hours ago

    Chelsea Handler slams Tony Hinchcliffe and Shane Gillis for making 'racist' jokes that should never be made

    The Roast of Kevin Hart continues to make headlines for a series of controversial jokes

    Celebrity
  • New court documents reveal details of Nicole Kidman’s divorce agreement with Keith Urban
  • Rudy Giuliani details powerful 'spiritual experience' while 'out of it' in hospital
  • Staggering amount state paid out after patient died following days of pain after surgeons left blade inside him
  • Mom of daughter shot dead by Texas dad after arguing about Trump speaks out with claim about police