unilad homepage
unilad homepage
  • News
    • UK News
    • US News
    • World News
    • Crime
    • Health
    • Money
    • Sport
    • Travel
  • Music
  • Technology
  • Film and TV
    • News
    • DC Comics
    • Disney
    • Marvel
    • Netflix
  • Celebrity
  • Politics
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content
Police deny 'serial killer' claims after 12th body found in New England in 4 months
Home>News>US News
Published 16:08 6 May 2025 GMT+1

Police deny 'serial killer' claims after 12th body found in New England in 4 months

Stephan Myers' remains were discovered behind Bristol Plymouth High School in Taunton, Massachusetts

Ella Scott

Ella Scott

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover
Featured Image Credit: YouTube/WPRI

Topics: US News, Crime, Gun Crime, True crime

Ella Scott
Ella Scott

Advert

Advert

Advert

The remains of another person have been uncovered in New England, adding to the alarming number of deaths in the area, but police deny they are in any way connected.

Last week, the Bristol County District Attorney's Office confirmed that 39-year-old Stephan Myers, of Falmouth, had been found dead behind Bristol Plymouth High School in Taunton, Massachusetts.

Myers, who died early on April 30, was reported by officials to have died after being been shot once on a construction site, as per Boston 25 News.

It’s understood that despite the deceased’s proximity to the school, he is in no way connected to the educational institution, Fox News reports.

Advert

Myers is the 12th body to have been discovered dead by officials in the New England area in the last three months, stoking rumors of a serial killer online.

The remains of another deceased person, Paige Fannon, 35, were found by detectives in the Norwalk River in Norwalk in early March.

Most recently, on April 22, another woman was found unresponsive off a bike path in Springfield at the 1500 block of Hall of Fame Avenue. She was later pronounced dead by authorities.

Despite the growing number of New England deaths, law enforcement officials claim there is no connection between any of them.

"While online conversations around these incidents continue to grow, we urge the public to be mindful of the role that social media can play in spreading fear or misinformation,” Hampden District Attorney Anthony D. Gulluni said while speaking to reporters.

Police claim the deaths, including Myers', are not connected (WPRI)
Police claim the deaths, including Myers', are not connected (WPRI)

“Unverified claims can compromise active investigations and contribute to a sense of chaos that does not reflect the full picture."

Connecticut State Police have also released a statement, claiming ‘there is no information at this time suggesting any connection to similar remains discoveries, and there is also no known threat to the public at this time' in relation to the multiple deaths in the state.

However, former Washington D.C. homicide detective Ted Williams claims investigation experts will not be as quick to rule anything out.

"The investigators who are conducting these investigations are not ruling out anything whatsoever at this stage of the investigation,” he told Fox News.

Hampden District Attorney Anthony D. Gulluni has denied serial killer rumors (Hampden District Attorney Office)
Hampden District Attorney Anthony D. Gulluni has denied serial killer rumors (Hampden District Attorney Office)

“They are primarily at the preliminary stages of gathering evidence at each one of these death scenes to try to establish a nexus between those scenes and a single individual or individuals.”

He added that while some of these deaths may ‘very well be of not a crime situation’, authorities are probably trying to ‘connect the dots, if the dots connect’.

“The information that they're providing the public is information that they believe the public more or less may need.”

Former FBI instructor and certified police instructor Scott Duffey has pleaded with locals to let law enforcement continue ‘answering the questions that they need to answer’.

Myers' death is one of 12 to recently take place in New England (WPRI)
Myers' death is one of 12 to recently take place in New England (WPRI)

“Nothing that I have seen would arise to a serial killer [being] responsible for any or most of these people who have been found,” he argued with The New York Post.

He added that locals should not ‘let [their] guard down’ as individuals looking to ‘take advantage of a vulnerable situation will do so’.

He advises that if you’re going running or out in the dark, you should take somebody with you or have your phone on your person.

“Just be aware of your surroundings,” Duffey added.

UNILAD has previously contacted the Springfield Police Department for comment.

  • Lake Party shooting near Oklahoma City leaves 10 injured as police speak out
  • Discarded chewing gum helped convict serial rapist over 40 years on from brutal murders
  • Everything we know about 3 women found dead over 3 days as police address serial killer concerns
  • Hitchhiker who escaped serial killer described one chilling action he made before saying horrifying word to her

Choose your content:

13 hours ago
  • Getty Stock
    13 hours ago

    Expert says quietly slipping out of a party is actually good for your mental health

    Making a so-called 'Irish exit' and slipping out of a party might seem rude, but it could improve your mental health

    News
  • Getty Stock Images
    13 hours ago

    Psychologist reveals unexpected reason why men date women who look like exes

    Jermaine Jenas was spotted with a look-alike after his marriage to Ellie Penfold ended

    News
  • Getty Stock Images
    13 hours ago

    Scientists reveal significant impact GLP-1 jabs can have on other medications

    A UK watchdog alerted the public after cases of medication failure occurred after using GLP-1 drugs

    News
  • KingsleyFootballClub/Facebook
    13 hours ago

    Father-of-two named as victim of Rottnest Island shark attack as wife pays heartbreaking tribute

    His wife said their daughters had lost an 'incredible father far too soon'

    News