unilad homepage
unilad homepage
  • News
    • UK News
    • US News
    • World News
    • Crime
    • Health
    • Money
    • Sport
    • Travel
  • Music
  • Technology
  • Film and TV
    • News
    • DC Comics
    • Disney
    • Marvel
    • Netflix
  • Celebrity
  • Politics
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content
Trump lashes out after top-secret intelligence report shows truth behind damage done to Iran nuclear sites
Home>News>US News
Updated 07:45 25 Jun 2025 GMT+1Published 07:26 25 Jun 2025 GMT+1

Trump lashes out after top-secret intelligence report shows truth behind damage done to Iran nuclear sites

It's safe to say that the president isn't happy about the allegations

Niamh Shackleton

Niamh Shackleton

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover
Featured Image Credit: BBC

Topics: Donald Trump, Iran, US News, Politics, World News

Niamh Shackleton
Niamh Shackleton

Niamh Shackleton is an experienced journalist for UNILAD, specialising in topics including mental health and showbiz, as well as anything Henry Cavill and cat related. She has previously worked for OK! Magazine, Caters and Kennedy.

X

@niamhshackleton

Advert

Advert

Advert

Donald Trump has reacted to reports that Saturday's strikes on Iran did not destroy its nuclear sites.

President Trump ordered the attack on three of Iran's nuclear sites: Fordo (sometimes spelt Fordow), Natanz, and Isfahan.

Named 'Operation Midnight Hammer', over 100 aircraft were involved in the extremely covert mission, including top-end military jets B-2 stealth bombers.

While Trump hailed the strike as 'very successful', separate reports have suggested otherwise.

Advert

An expert who spoke to UK news outlet The Independent said that it's likely Iran had time to move some of its weapons from the affected sites before the bombs hit, meaning its nuclear stockpile might not have been dramatically affected after all.

Dr Jeffrey Lewis, director of the East Asia Nonproliferation Program at the Middlebury Institute and a former member of the International Security Advisory Board (ISAB), said: "I understand that Fordow has a symbolic importance to people, but it is by no means the only underground facility associated with Iran's nuclear program."

Tunnel entrances of the Isfahan nuclear site were damaged in the strike (Maxar Technologies/Getty)
Tunnel entrances of the Isfahan nuclear site were damaged in the strike (Maxar Technologies/Getty)

He added: "Given how long it took the US to strike, it's not clear to me that by the time it was hit, it was even the most important, because the Iranians had had time to power off centrifuges and possibly remove them."

An initial intel assessment produced by the Defense Intelligence Agency echoed similar sentiments.

Speaking to CNN on the matter, two sources familiar with the report said that Iran’s stockpile of enriched uranium was not destroyed and suggested that the US may have to issue another strike on Iran in the coming months to actually achieve its goal.

Trump and the White House have since reacted to the news of the reports that the strike wasn't as successful as he said. The president called the press 'disrespectful', particularly to the 'great geniuses' who were flying the jets, BBC reports.

He also took to Truth Social to condemn the newly released reports.

"FAKE NEWS CNN, TOGETHER WITH THE FAILING NEW YORK TIMES, HAVE TEAMED UP IN AN ATTEMPT TO DEMEAN ONE OF THE MOST SUCCESSFUL MILITARY STRIKES IN HISTORY," Trump wrote.

"THE NUCLEAR SITES IN IRAN ARE COMPLETELY DESTROYED! BOTH THE TIMES AND CNN ARE GETTING SLAMMED BY THE PUBLIC!"

Also directly addressing CNN's article, White House press secretary Karoline Leavitt said, per the outlet in question: "This alleged assessment is flat-out wrong and was classified as ‘top secret’ but was still leaked to CNN by an anonymous, low-level loser in the intelligence community.

"The leaking of this alleged assessment is a clear attempt to demean President Trump, and discredit the brave fighter pilots who conducted a perfectly executed mission to obliterate Iran’s nuclear program. Everyone knows what happens when you drop fourteen 30,000 pound bombs perfectly on their targets: total obliteration."

UNILAD has contacted CNN and The New York Times for comment.

  • Top secret sites where Trump could hide if a nuclear war broke out
  • Trump administration speaks out after Iran strikes US air base following bombing of nuclear sites
  • Trump gives Lauren Boebert savage new nickname in scorching Truth Social tirade
  • Trump deal fears grow after US intel reportedly finds Iran’s military still intact

Choose your content:

3 mins ago
an hour ago
  • Laurent KOFFEL/Gamma-Rapho via Getty Images
    3 mins ago

    Once Upon a Time in Hollywood actor recalls tense moment Quentin Tarantino threatened Brad Pitt on set

    Bruce Dern described Quentin Tarantino's face as looking 'insanely grave' in the intense exchange

    Film & TV
  • Getty Stock Image
    an hour ago

    New research reveals surprising effect GLP-1s could have on cancer patients

    There appears to be a number of other health benefits to taking GLP-1 drugs like Ozempic and Wegovy

    News
  • (Photo by Paul Hawthorne/Getty Images)
    an hour ago

    Man who chased down attempted murderer explains how he ended up becoming friends with the victim

    Comedian Jayson Cross stopped a man from being killed in New York

    News
  • Getty Stock
    an hour ago

    Health alert issued after mystery salmonella outbreak spreads across multiple states

    The FDA has yet to locate the source of a mystery food poisoning outbreak that is likely affecting hundreds of Americans

    News