To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

Dr Dre says his family were called to say their 'last goodbyes' after he suffered brain aneurysm

Dr Dre says his family were called to say their 'last goodbyes' after he suffered brain aneurysm

Dr Dre suffered a brain aneurysm last year and says it was so serious that he came close to dying

Dr Dre has revealed just how serious the brain aneurysm he suffered last year was as his family came to say their 'last goodbyes'.

In January 2021 the legendary rapper suffered from a brain aneurysm which hospitalised him, leading to tributes from all across the world of music hoping he'd recover.

Admitted to intensive care upon arrival, a few days later he released a statement telling everyone he was 'doing great' and getting 'excellent care', letting the music world breathe a sigh of relief on his behalf.

Sadly, four men took advantage of his stricken condition and tried to burgle his house while he was fighting for his life in hospital. Luckily they were spotted by security while trying to break in and arrested by the police as they attempted to flee the scene.

Dr Dre's condition soon improved and later that month he was back in the studio and back to work, but now he's revealed just how close he came to death during that difficult time.

Dr Dre had a health scare with a brain aneurysm last year.
PictureLux/The Hollywood Archive/Alamy Stock Photo

Speaking to Dolvett Quince on the Workout the Doubt podcast, Dr Dre revealed how his family got special permission to visit him in hospital during the pandemic as staff thought he was about to die.

He said: "I’m at Cedars-Sinai hospital and they weren’t allowing anybody to come up, meaning visitors or family or anything like that, because of COVID, but they allowed my family to come in.

"I found out later, they called them up so they could say their last goodbyes because they thought I was out of here."

Luckily he pulled through and soon got on the road to recovery, though some of the tests he described don't sound like much fun to be subjected to.

He explained: "Because of what was going on in my brain, they had to wake me up every hour, on the hour, for two weeks to do these tests, basically, sobriety tests, like touch your nose, rub your heel on your calf, and all that s**t."

The rapper said his aneurysm was so serious that his family were called to his bedside to say their goodbyes.
REUTERS/Alamy Stock Photo

After his recovery the rapper said he thought his brain aneurysm was due to his blood pressure, and reassured fans he'd been focused on taking care of himself since being hospitalised.

As for what he's up to these days, there are rumours going around that he's working on a collaboration with Eminem and Snoop Dogg after pictures of the trio in a recording studio were posted on social media.

They did perform together all the way back in 2000 during the 'Up In Smoke Tour' while the three of them were on stage at the Superbowl halftime show.

Who knows what the future holds?

If you have a story you want to tell, send it to UNILAD via [email protected]

Featured Image Credit: UPI/Sipa US/Alamy Stock Photo

Topics: News, US News, Celebrity, Dr Dre, Music