unilad homepage
unilad homepage
  • News
    • UK News
    • US News
    • World News
    • Crime
    • Health
    • Money
    • Sport
    • Travel
  • Music
  • Technology
  • Film and TV
    • News
    • DC Comics
    • Disney
    • Marvel
    • Netflix
  • Celebrity
  • Politics
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content
Ex-boyfriend who Googled ‘how to kill your ex’s fiancé’ found guilty of murder
Home>News>Crime
Published 11:44 13 Mar 2024 GMT

Ex-boyfriend who Googled ‘how to kill your ex’s fiancé’ found guilty of murder

Jesse Alvarez has been found guilty of murder and now faces life behind bars.

Callum Jones

Callum Jones

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover
Featured Image Credit: NBC 7 SAN DIEGO / Dilara Irem Sancar/Anadolu via Getty Images

Topics: US News, Crime

Callum Jones
Callum Jones

Advert

Advert

Advert

A San Diego man who Googled ‘how to kill your ex’s fiancé’ has been found guilty of murder.

Jesse Alvarez, 33, was on trial for the murder of Mario Fierro, 37, and was found guilty by a jury on Monday.

Alvarez has been subsequently convicted of first-degree murder with a special-circumstances allegation of lying in wait to kill Fierro.

Advert

The San Diego Union-Tribune reports Alvarez faces being behind bars for the rest of his life and without the possibility of parole when he is sentenced.

Prosecutors presented evidence that Alvarez searched up on the internet ‘how to kill your ex’s fiancé’ and 'in California can you shoot someone trying to rob you?'.

He subsequently gunned down Fierro outside his apartment in 2021, shooting him six times.

Alvarez apparently became furious when he learned through a Facebook post that Fierro was engaged to his ex-girlfriend, Amy Gembara.

Fox 10 reports the pair dated on and off between 2015 and 2019.

Jesse Alvarez has been found guilty of the murder of Mario Fierro.
NBC 7 SAN DIEGO

The court heard that Alvarez camped outside Fierro’s North Park home for over an hour before an altercation with the pair.

The San Diego Union-Tribune reported that on top of the internet searching, Alvarez had taken shooting lessons after learning of the engagement.

Fierro and Gembara became familiar with each other as they were both teachers at Cathedral Catholic High School in San Diego.

Alvarez had even tried to secure a job at the school serving food as he became obsessed with the ex.

Gembara previously tried to obtain a restraining order against Alvarez after he tried to contact and track her down.

Alvarez Googled ‘how to kill your ex’s fiancé’.
Getty Stock Photo

But she was denied the request after he promised to leave her alone. Alvarez tried to make contact again just two days later.

As he took to the stand while on trial on 7 March, Alvarez testified that he had undiagnosed autism which fuelled his obsession.

He also said it prevented him from understanding that Gembara was done with him, as well as claiming the questionable internet searches were just 'bad fantasies'.

The defense insisted Alvarez did not intend to murder Fierro when he went to his home, and that the victim punched him first so he fired as a form of self-defense.

However, the jury did not see it that way after siding with the prosecutors point of view.

"His intent is crystal clear,” Deputy District Attorney Ramona McCarthy told the court, as per the Union-Tribune.

Choose your content:

3 hours ago
5 hours ago
11 hours ago
12 hours ago
  • Supplied
    3 hours ago

    Man walking 3,000 miles across the USA reveals 'criminally underrated' state - but it's still not his favorite

    He's walking across the US for a very good cause

    News
  • @LucyLurch/YouTube
    5 hours ago

    Man who has taken over 25 different drugs reveals 'worst reaction' he's ever had

    He described it as a 'real life nightmare'

    News
  • Kevin Dietsch/Getty Images
    11 hours ago

    President Trump will not attend son Donald Trump Jr.'s wedding one day before ceremony

    Trump cited 'circumstances pertaining to government' as the reason he will not attend the wedding

    News
  • Theo Wargo/Getty Images
    12 hours ago

    Tom Hardy allegedly fired from MobLand after clashing with producers

    It's reported that Hardy was 'late' to set numerous times, among other issues with producers

    Film & TV
  • How I Met Your Mother actor found guilty of attempted murder is facing life in prison
  • College student killed by ex-boyfriend who was stalking her for months in murder-suicide
  • 'Ghost' murder suspect accused of killing his best friend is arrested after 30 years on the run
  • How mom set on fire by boyfriend testified at own murder trial from beyond the grave