To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

Not now
OK
Advert
Advert
Advert

Three seven-year-olds get rushed to hospital after mistaking meth for candy at school

Charisa Bossinakis

Published 
| Last updated 

Three seven-year-olds get rushed to hospital after mistaking meth for candy at school

Featured Image Credit: David Cole / Alamy Stock Photo. Google Maps

Three seven-year-old girls have been hospitalized after mistaking meth for candy at school.

The students from College Gardens Elementary School were rushed to hospital after ingesting what police believe was methamphetamine in Rockville, Maryland.

According to a police report, the three students had found blue items in a container.

Advert

Shortly after consuming the blue items, the students began to feel dizzy and reported to the school nurse.

Credit: Jacob Kuba
Credit: Jacob Kuba

None of the items were recovered, and officials aren’t exactly sure what the girls had ingested.

However, based on a toxicology report, investigators believe the items may have been a methamphetamine-related drug, such as Adderall or MDMA (ecstasy or Molly).

Advert

“I am relieved that the students will ultimately be fine, but in many ways, what happened today is frightening,” said Chief Marcus Jones said in a statement.

“I hope that it serves as a powerful motivator for parents to keep having the difficult conversations with their children about the dangers of taking or eating unknown substances."

The three children have since been discharged from the hospital and are with their parents.

The police are still investigating the matter.

Advert
Credit: SeventyFour Images / Alamy Stock Photo
Credit: SeventyFour Images / Alamy Stock Photo

School officials have prompted parents to tell their children only to eat items they've brought from home.

In June 2021, a mum was left horrified after she found a big bag of meth in her children's cereal box.

Haisam Nassir, 25, was giving Golden Morn cereal to her four children when she found a bag containing a mysterious substance within the box.

Advert

After trying to pour out the cereal to no avail, she pulled out the bag and a quick Google revealed that she appeared to have found a bag of meth.

She contacted the police, who confirmed it was indeed a class-A drug.

The mother from Essex admitted her children into hospital to ensure they didn’t ingest any of the substance.

She said: "It was so so bad, I was really shocked. It was massive - it took up nearly half the box.

Advert

"I felt really frightened. My anxiety went off the roof. There was 450g of it. The street value would be quite something.

"Imagine if that burst it could have had a deadly impact. It could have ended so badly.”

When the police inspected the cereal box, they found a cut in the bottom of the box, through which they believed the bag was likely inserted.

Topics: News, Drugs

Charisa Bossinakis
More like this
Advert
Advert
Advert

Chosen for YouChosen for You

Celebrity

Macaulay Culkin recalls ‘weird’ call from Michael Jackson asking him to come over to his house at 10 years old

an hour ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

Rebecca Ferguson refuses to work with A-list former co-star after they ‘screamed’ at her and left her in tears

12 hours ago