Guy Has Accidental Acid Trip After Repairing 1960s Synthesiser Covered In LSD

Lucy Connolly

Published 

Man has accidental acid tripSan Francisco KPIX 5

A man who volunteered to fix a vintage synthesiser reportedly had an ‘accidental acid trip’ after trying to clean and repair the instrument.

As the Broadcast Operations Manager for a television station, Eliot Curtis tackles all sorts of boring technical problems on a daily basis. So when the opportunity came to fix such a renowned musical instrument, he jumped at it.

The vintage ‘analog music modular instrument’ is owned by the music department at California State University and was stored in a closet for years before the decision to repair it late last year.

Loading…

As reported by San Francisco KPIX5, Curtis took the synthesiser home to his workshop to make the repairs.

Curtis reports seeing ‘something’ crystallised stuck under the instrument, but thought nothing of it.

The Broadcast Operations Manager said:

There was like a residue… a crust or a crystalline residue on it.

Continuing with his work, Curtis sprayed a cleaning solvent on the instrument and started to push the dissolving crystal with his finger as he attempted to clean the area.

About 45 minutes later, Curtis began to experience a ‘weird, tingling sensation,’ which lasted for approximately nine hours, saying: ‘It was… felt like I was tripping on LSD’. Later, he discovered this was exactly what was happening.

Drug tripWikimedia

Three individual tests identified the crystal as LSD, with an LSD researcher and expert telling KPIX5 that the drug can remain potent for decades if kept in a cool, dark place – as it was in this case.

The expert also confirmed that it is possible to ingest the chemical through the skin under the right conditions. As was the case with Curtis.

His wife, Holly, witnessed the entire thing, and told KPIX5 she thought the entire situation was ‘super wild’.

She continued:

I think it’s super wild. I think this whole situation is a nice chapter in the history of the counter culture.

Man has accidental LSD tripSan Francisco KPIX 5

But how did the LSD get on the instrument in the first place?

Well, it’s rumoured that musicians who used the instrument in the 1960’s would dip part of it in LSD so that when they were performing, all they had to do to get high was touch the instrument and then lick their finger.

It’s not confirmed if that’s what happened here, but it’s a pretty cool story.

Here’s hoping Eliot didn’t endure an involuntarily bad trip.

If you have a story you want to tell send it to UNILAD via [email protected]

Topics: Music, Drugs, News, US News

Credits

San Francisco KPIX5
  1. San Francisco KPIX5

    Repair Of Iconic ’60s Era Synthesizer Turns Into Long, Strange Trip For Engineer

Lucy Connolly
More like this

Chosen for YouChosen for You

News

Man spends a week living with tribe that exhumes their dead

12 hours ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

Teenager wins $48 million with first lottery ticket she ever bought

13 hours ago