unilad homepage
unilad homepage
  • News
    • UK News
    • US News
    • World News
    • Crime
    • Health
    • Money
    • Sport
    • Travel
  • Music
  • Technology
  • Film and TV
    • News
    • DC Comics
    • Disney
    • Marvel
    • Netflix
  • Celebrity
  • Politics
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content
Eye-watering amount of money Mickey Rourke could be denied after Big Brother exit for 'further use of inappropriate language'
Home>Celebrity>News
Published 13:14 13 Apr 2025 GMT+1

Eye-watering amount of money Mickey Rourke could be denied after Big Brother exit for 'further use of inappropriate language'

Celebrity Big Brother stars typically receive a fee for appearing on the show

Niamh Shackleton

Niamh Shackleton

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover
Featured Image Credit: ITV

Topics: Mickey Rourke, Entertainment, News, Celebrity, Money, Film and TV, ITV

Niamh Shackleton
Niamh Shackleton

Niamh Shackleton is an experienced journalist for UNILAD, specialising in topics including mental health and showbiz, as well as anything Henry Cavill and cat related. She has previously worked for OK! Magazine, Caters and Kennedy.

X

@niamhshackleton

Advert

Advert

Advert

It's unclear if Mickey Rourke will be paid in full after his abrupt exit from Celebrity Big Brother.

It was announced yesterday (April 12) that the actor had been asked to leave the Big Brother house following a confrontation with housemate Chris Hughes.

Addressing the matter, a spokesperson for the ITV show said in a statement: "Mickey Rourke has agreed to leave the Celebrity Big Brother House this evening following a discussion with Big Brother regarding further use of inappropriate language and instances of unacceptable behaviour."

Apparently his behavior towards Hughes yesterday was considered 'threatening and aggressive', but no physical altercation between the pair took place according to reports.

Advert

Mickey Rourke was asked to leave the CBB house after his 'inappropriate behavior' (ITV)
Mickey Rourke was asked to leave the CBB house after his 'inappropriate behavior' (ITV)

The celebrities are paid a fee to feature on the show, and Rourke was reportedly in line to take home £500,000 (over $654,000) for the gig; but this now hangs in the balance in the wake of his exit.

According to a source who spoke to The Sun, Rourke won't see all the money he was once promised.

"Mickey won’t be receiving all his money from ITV," they claimed.

"If a celebrity gets removed from the house, they don't get the full fee. It’s as simple as that and they will be discussing that with him."

The insider added: "Mickey was ready to leave the house and it ended up feeling like a mutual decision between him and ITV in the end. It was getting too much."

Previous celebrities who have been asked to leave the CBB house allegedly didn't receive a full payment either, says the tabloid paper. These include soap star Roxanne Pallett and singer Jeremy Jackson.

ITV declined to comment when contacted by UNILAD.

Reportedly the actor was set to take home £500,000 (ITV)
Reportedly the actor was set to take home £500,000 (ITV)

While he was in the CBB house, Rourke's Girl co-star Bella Thorne made a series of allegations about him and their time working together.

She said of Rourke: "This f**king dude. GROSS. I had to work with this man – In a scene where I’m on my knees with my hands zip-tied around my back.

"He’s supposed to take a metal grinder to my kneecap, and instead he used it on my genitals thru my jeans. Hitting them over and over again."

Thorne went on to say her pelvic bone was left 'bruised' from the incident and said that working with the Sin City star was one of 'the all-time worst experiences' she has as an actress.

A rep for Rourke has since spoken out and said that they're aware of Thorne's posts and that the actor 'adamantly denies any intentional misconduct'.

Choose your content:

2 hours ago
4 hours ago
5 hours ago
8 hours ago
  • (Photo by Jonathan Bachman/Getty Images)
    2 hours ago

    Kyle Busch’s 11-year-old son Brexton shares emotional tribute after NASCAR star’s death

    Brexton's tribute comes days after the family's heartbreaking statement

    Celebrity
  • (Photo by PATRICK T. FALLON / AFP via Getty Images)
    4 hours ago

    Timothée Chalamet’s mom reveals what his ‘Lil Timmy Tim’ high school era was really like

    The star was a 'rap artist' before achieving global fame as an actor

    Celebrity
  • (Photo by JC Olivera/Variety via Getty Images)
    5 hours ago

    Scarlett Johansson reveals how there is always a ‘deficit’ in life despite Hollywood success

    The Marvel star says she had to learn to be 'more kind' to herself over the years

    Celebrity
    Live
  • (Photo by Manny Hernandez/Getty Images)
    8 hours ago

    It Takes Two's Rob Base dies aged 59 after cancer battle

    Rob Base wrote the hit song that brought hip-hop into the mainstream

    Celebrity
  • Mickey Rourke exits Celebrity Big Brother after ‘further use of inappropriate language' as Bella Thorne makes claims against him
  • Everything offensive Mickey Rourke said on Celebrity Big Brother amid Bella Thorne allegations
  • Everything Bella Thorne has said about Mickey Rourke as she claims he injured her genitalia while filming
  • Winona Ryder reveals the horrifying 6-word statement a director said to her after he was ‘being inappropriate’